Hello dear forum!
I am staying a few days in Porto beginning of February.
As there will be a Sunday and I don't want to risk standing in front of closed doors, I would like go spend the day in the famous Port wine valleys.
I am thinking about renting a car and drive to Peso da Régua and maybe also to Pinhão.
So here are my couple of questions:
(1) Are the wineries open on Sundays for visitors?
(2) Is it easy to drive in the valley region? (Sings and roads?!)
(3) Is it easy to get out of Porto?? I am less concerned about the high ways (A4 that is.. I think...) but more about city traffic (Lisbon city seemed to be quite an adventure)
(4) Will GPS navigation work? ..as in: are the maps up to date and the streets well signposted? (I know about places like Santorini where the streets have no signs at all and a GPS is useless...)
(5) How much is the toll? Does it depend on time or distance?
Thank you for answering! :)