We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving back to Lisbon from Porto - good places to explore?

Boston...
Level Contributor
85 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Driving back to Lisbon from Porto - good places to explore?

I will be in Portugal in July - Lisbon 5 days, Porto 3 and Douro Valley 2. We rented a car for the Douro valley trip - returning it to Lisbon. We will be taking the last day of our trip to drive from Pinhao towards Lisbon - flying out of Lisbon the next day. So, we have an entire day to explore. Any suggestions? Coimbra? Other spots along that route? I would even entertain the idea of spending the night somewhere other than Lisbon for our last night. Flight isn't until 11:30 so we could get up early and head straight to airport, so if anyone had a fun spot to stay in the night before leaving, please advise. Otherwise we'll tour around and stay in Lisbon the last night. Just looking for ideas for our last day! Other than that my trip is completely planned and I'm so looking forward to seeing this gorgeous country!

Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving back to Lisbon from Porto - good places to explore?

Ericeira is nice and it's close to Lisboa (30minutes to 1 hour journey) so you do not have to wake too earlier.

Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving back to Lisbon from Porto - good places to explore?

On your way to Lisboa you can stop at:

-Viseu

-Coimbra

-Mira de Aire - Grutas de Mira de Aire (Mira de Aire caves)

Boston...
Level Contributor
85 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving back to Lisbon from Porto - good places to explore?

Thank you! I'll look into those!

4. Re: Driving back to Lisbon from Porto - good places to explore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:16