We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach holiday

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Beach holiday

Hi There

I was hoping for some advice please. My girlfriend and I are looking to book a holiday in Portugal for the first couple of weeks in August but we aren't sure where to go. We are in our 30's and looking for a relaxing beach holiday with some nice bars and restaurants and possibly some nearby places worth visiting on day trips.

We really aren't familiar with Portugal so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach holiday

And you'll be flying to where(Lisboa, Faro or Porto)?

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach holiday

Sorry, should have said we would be flying into Faro.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach holiday

Hi Simon,

Just to let you know August is the busiest month in the Algarve where the Portuguese all come down for their holidays as well as the international visitors.

There are loads of different resorts, I would advise you look at Alvor, Olhus d'Agua or Lagos.

Hope this helps

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach holiday

Have a look at:

www.visitalgarve.pt

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach holiday

thanks for the replies. We are thinking we might choose Alvor.

Dundee
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach holiday

just back from carvoeiro. brilliant hotel (Tivoli) with magnificent seaview(xta cost). nice beach(es) nearby and some to drive to.very relaxing with some pubs bars and restaurants closeby. or OLD albufeira if you want it more noisy

Edited: 03 July 2013, 20:50
7. Re: Beach holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:16