We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in portugal

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
5 days in portugal

Hello! I am planning a 5-6 days holiday in Portugal in the beginning of December , any suggestions? Would prefer something scenic. As I dont really know Portugal that much, would really appreciate if I could get some help here. Thank you!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in portugal

Where do you fly to and how will you move around please?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in portugal

I am flying to either Porto or Lisbon. Whichever is better. I am still in a dilemma whether to rent a car or to hop onto a train. Kindly advice.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,721 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in portugal

Just because it's winter time, fly to Lisboa and stay in the city for the all time. From there you can take the train or a bus to visit lots of places as a day trip. Sintra it's at least a full day, you can go to Tomar by train also all day, Évora as day trip even Coimbra it's possible as a day trip if you take an early train. Then you places around like Cascais (40 min by train) from where you can also go to Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of continental europe. Or go to Mafra and Ericeira by bus.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
185 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in portugal

If you prefer something scenic you may chose Porto, besides to be a really scenic and photogenic city, from there, you can visit other beautiful cities, such Braga, Guimarâes, Viana do Castelo, Ponte de Lima, Aveiro and if the weather is fine, you can go the fantastic Douro Valley the most scenic region in Portugal

5. Re: 5 days in portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:18