We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary Lisbon to porto

san francisco
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinerary Lisbon to porto

Hi. My husband and I are flying into lisbon in October and departing from porto for a 12 visit.

I'm wondering if we should skip the algarve and concentrate on the middle and northern area.

How about 4 days in lisbon including a day trip to sintra. Rent a car and head to evora, coimbra , the Douro valley ending with 3 days in porto.

What do you think ? What else would you include ? Tomar? Nazare?

thank you in advance!

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary Lisbon to porto

Sounds good to me!

It is impossible to do Portugal, or in fact any European country of any size in just 12 days.

In Portugal, the density of historic and cultural things to do is definitely skewed in favour of the region North of the a line between Setubal and Evora/Elvas.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary Lisbon to porto

Yes, Tomar is very much worth visiting. Your itinerary looks fine!

3. Re: Help with itinerary Lisbon to porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:18