We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort for 2 40+ ladies

Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort for 2 40+ ladies

Hi, which resort in Portugal would you recommend for 2 ladies in their early 40's in late May/ early June? We may have some friends coming for a long weekend so somewhere not too far from the airport ideally. We would like somewhere with a beach, good restaurants and bars, some sightseeing would be a bonus. Niteclubs are not very important! We would prefer a smaller resort but not anywhere too quiet. Many thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort for 2 40+ ladies

Vilamoura is 1/2 hour from Faro airport.

It has great beaches, a marina with good restaurants and bars. If you stay near the marina you can walk everything. There's a Roman museum at the west side of the marina.

However, Vilamoura is a luxury development and you will not find the atmosphere of a Portuguese village. www.visitvilamoura.com

Otherwise Olhos d'Agua, west of Vilamoura or a bit further Albufeira.

Have a look for some Youtube videos to get a feeling for these?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort for 2 40+ ladies

So sorry, I meant to give you another website for Vilamoura: http://www.vilamourauncovered.com/

Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort for 2 40+ ladies

Thank you so much for that information! I will certainly go and check it out,

Thanks again!

Andrea

4. Re: Which resort for 2 40+ ladies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:17