We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisboa card

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Lisboa card

Hi All

Me and my hubby will be in Lisbon for 5 days/5 nights in July and I am wondering if the Lisbon pass is worth the money .. we will defenitely be visiting Torre de Belem, Sintra, Cascais, Alfama. Our hotel is in centre of the city & close to metro station. We like to walk & explore new sights. Any advice on what our itinerary should look like & if the Lisboa pass would be useful?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,564 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisboa card

But will you visit a lot of monuments or museums? If it's only for the public transports probably not. There are cheaper options. Here's the list of discounts (it's in portuguese, but i think you'll manage to understand it) https:/…20Card.pdf

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisboa card

So is the card mostly useful for museums? We are more into castles & outdoor hiking, sightseeing. We don't want to see too many churches or museums apart from the mose significant ones so if the card only gives discounts to museums do you think it's worth it to use mostly for metro? What is the cost of metro use to go to Sintra, Amalfa, Chiado, etc? Also, what is the entrance fee for Torre de Belem & the Castle & natural park in Sintra?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,564 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisboa card

The metro does not go to Alfama neither Sintra. To Alfama it's the trams of bus (company - Carris), to Sintra or Cascais the train (company - CP).

If you buy a 24h ticket to use inside Lisboa (does not include Sintra or Cascais) you have unlimited travel on metro, bus, tram and elevadores, it costs 6€ and you have to buy a support card (0,5€). This support card can be reloaded with more 24h tickets or other kind of tickets.

Castelo de S. Jorge castelodesaojorge.pt/en/…

Torre de Belem www.torrebelem.pt/en/index.php…

Sintra sights parquesdesintra.pt/en/…

4. Re: Lisboa card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:17