We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon-Coimbra train afer flight

St. Joseph, MO
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Lisbon-Coimbra train afer flight

I'm looking to book an award trip to Portugal next August-September. It would be nice to get the direct Continental flight arriving Lisbon around 8 a.m., but award availability now is just for connections arriving around 2.30 p.m. With the earlier arrival, I could even take the train to Porto; with the later, I'd just try to get to Coimbra. If this is the last Sunday in August, would I have trouble getting on a train, booking the first possible train on arrival?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon-Coimbra train afer flight

Hi!

The train ride to Porto is around 3 hours if using the Pendular train, and around 3h30m using the "normal" train.

At least at the time table at www.cp.pt from Lisboa - Oriente to Porto - Campanha there are several trains a day on Sunday, being one at 4pm, another one at 5pm and another one at 6pm and so on.

So lot of options to go to Porto.

The train will take more or less two hours to Coimbra and another hour to Porto.

So with this information I hope you can plan your options.

St. Joseph, MO
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon-Coimbra train afer flight

Thanks, I know about the schedules; my question was more whether the last Sunday in August will be such a busy travel day that I'll have a problem getting a place on the train. I don't really want to reserve in advance, because I don't know which train I can make.

3. Re: Lisbon-Coimbra train afer flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 08:17