We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campo Maior to Seville

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
Campo Maior to Seville

Can anyone advise me on the best way to go from Campo Maior to Seville? Car rental has the complication of picking up in one country and dropping off in another. I can't find any information on train travel from CM to Seville.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,525 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campo Maior to Seville

There is no rail travel between Portugal and Seville other than going via Madrid.

If you can somehow get to Badajoz, which is just on the Spanish side across from Elvas, the trains of Renfe (Spanish railways) will get you to Madrid and from there you have frequent high speed trains to Seville.

The relevant website for times, fares and the necessary reservations is www.renfe.es

Alternatively, you should be able to do the journey by coach. Much slower but much cheaper. Try the websites at www.alsa.es or www.movelia.es - both are insisting at the moment, to me at least, that Sevilha/Seville does not exist.

Also, take a look in the Elvas forum and the FAQ there for some suggestions on how to cross the border by train or bus. Sorry I don't know how you get from Campo Maior to Elvas as it's a place I have never been to.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Campo Maior to Seville

Try the website www.leda.es

If you go to the movelia site you have to type with the spanish spelling, Sevilla, otherwise it will not show up. Cubsur points out the essential problem of your journey: getting to Badajoz. From there the only train connection is by Madrid but there is no sense on doing this, as Badajoz is just about 200 Km from Sevilla and you would do almost 900 Km through Madrid. The bus journey between Badajoz and Sevilla takes about 3 hours.

It may be possible to take a taxi from Campo Maior to Badajoz, and if you ask around people will surely know how to do this. They may even offer to take you there, because they often do this journey.

3. Re: Campo Maior to Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 06:16