We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evora Tourism Office

Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Evora Tourism Office

Hi. I have been trying to reach the Evora tourism office but the listed phone number (266 702 671) does not work.

I will be in Evora on a Friday and I wanted to ask them is if there are tours to the Cromelques dos Almendres and/or the Escoural Cave.

If so, I would be interested in the tours, so if anyone has been on such a tour from Evora, or if anyone knows of who I need to speak to about such a tour, please let me know.

A full tour would be great, but if taxi service is available to the two locations that would work too.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as me and my wife would really like to see the Cromelques and the Escoural Cave.

Thanks,

Jaime

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,379 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evora Tourism Office

Try the number on this page:

visitevora.pt/pt/…MigObj_Onde_estamos.htm

Rua de Aviz, 90

7000-591 Évora

Portugal

Telefone: 266 730 440

Fax: 266 730 450

E-mail: rtevora@mail.telepac.pt

ÉVORA
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evora Tourism Office

Maybe the best is tou to contact City Hall - Câmara Muncipal de Évora- or to write to Posto de Turismo.

Please check www.cm-evora.pt/pt/conteudos/contactos/

ÉVORA
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evora Tourism Office

Another chance is contact a former Viagens Policarpo, now Top Atlantico. They used to have excursions to Cromeleque and maybe to Escoural Caves.

What I could get to you is

Telephone: (+351) 266 746 970

Fax: (+351) 266 746 984

E-mail: carla@policarpo-viagens.pt

Enjoy your trip to Évora

Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Evora Tourism Office

hi, Manuelinho. Just wanted to thank you for your advice. We did end up using Top Atlantico while in Evora and they put together a great custom tour for us.

Thanks again,

Jaime

ÉVORA
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evora Tourism Office

It was a pleasure. I hope you enjoyed Portugal and Évora

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
302 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evora Tourism Office

Hi Jaime,

We will be in Evora this October. I was wondering if you made your arrangements with Top Atlantica in advance, or simply went to see them when you were in Evora? We plan on spending 4 nights (3 full days) in Evora, and would like to arrange 1 or 2 day trips. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Tim...

Évora
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Evora Tourism Office

Every morning at 10 in the morning there is a local guide in the turism office waiting (Praço do Geraldo) to take you around. It is a walking tour of about two hours and you will see the main monuments and get an interesting explanation, also about all the little things you have been wondering about.The price is 12€ each plus the entrance fees of the Cathedral and the Chapel of the bones. It is worth to go.

Lucia

Évora
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Evora Tourism Office

Hi Tim

If you don't have already places to stay, please check www.alentejorentals.com for their accomodations and activities proposed.

Nice trip

Ricardo

9. Re: Evora Tourism Office

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 05:16