We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Faro and Lagos

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between Faro and Lagos

Could someone tell me the time it takes to get from one to the other.

On Google earth, there looks to be only a 1 degree latitude difference. But, not knowing the area, this could be misleading.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,870 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

By train it takes about 1 hour 40 minutes; by bus 2hrs 10 minutes.

Google Maps route finder says it is 91.4km (about 57 miles) and will take 1 hour and 4 minutes to drive using the freeway.

Hope that helps.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

Depends who is driving, what I'm driving, where I´ve left from in Lagos and time of day/night! :::))))))

Cubsur's estimate is a good average, but I have been known to do Lagos Dirt Carpark to Faro Airport in a Diesel Minibus in 55 minutes

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Lagos and Faro are roughly on the same degree of latitude. I doubt that the longitudinal distance is much above one half of a degree. Of course this does not take account of bends in the road, weather conditions, assorted animals straying onto the highway, one's mode of transport, or indeed one's regard for local speed restrictions. Naturally this complicates calculations.

If I were you I would consult a map and an experienced local.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

As does the inevitable traffic congestions on the N125 at Patação during Faro's inevitable morning and evening "Rush Minute", as well as new arrivals leaving Faro along the same and slowly acclimatising themselves to local driving conditions......:))))))

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

Indeed. Whereas the predictable is so often inevitable, the unpredictable can be unpredictably inevtibale. I always plan for the unpredictable with inevitable consequences.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

That said, given the curvature of the earth I would say that 1hour forty isn't far off.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

But what about inevitable unpredictables or should we ask Donald Rumsfeld for a comment on this?

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

Thanks for the estimates people.

It is much appreciated.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

"Donald Rumsfield" - LOL!

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Distance between Faro and Lagos

Good idea barlaventoexpert. Given a degree of latitude, he may just be the man to shed light on this conundrum.