We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star place for teenage boys

Lancashire
Level Contributor
78 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
5 star place for teenage boys

Hi

I am looking for a 5 star place to stay in August with two 15 year old boys. It needs to be bed and breakfast with pool and plenty of activities for teenagers so that the boys will be with similar aged friends to meet.

We ideally would like it near somewhere to play golf for me and my husband. Also we like nice restaurants within a short distance away so that we don't need to hire a car. Looking at the hotel in Vale do Lobo and a hotel called Grande Real Santa Eulalia but could do with some advice.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 star place for teenage boys

The Hotel you mention is miles away from Val de lobo its on the outskirts of Albufeira so not that close to golf really, if i could make 2 suggestions Sheraton Pine Cliffs In Acoteias or LeMeridien Penina (where you get free golf on certain deals) that is close to Alvor both are situtated on golf courses with lots of amenities on them they are also close to nice restaurants for evening meals if you do not want to stay on resort

Edited: 06 March 2012, 11:47
Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 star place for teenage boys

Balaia golf resort is virtually opposite Grand Real Santa Eulalia, it's only 9 holes but a good test. In my opinion your sons would meet more of their own age around that area. Good suggestions by Sundays on the golf but not too sure if they are for your 15 yr olds.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,517 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 star place for teenage boys

Me too. I think teenagers would be bored stiff in Vale do Lobo. The beaches near Balaia, Alvor and Sta Eulalia are more likely to be used by visitors and locals alike. They all have places to go, restaurants bars etc within a short distance.

Nowhere around here is much more than 30 minutes drive from several golf courses. You can go off and play, while the boys can walk to the beach and engage in some social interaction on the sands and in the water.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 star place for teenage boys

Have a look at Alto Club in Alvor. Alvor is great with a fantastic beach and lots of great restaurants and bars and there are lots of golf courses nearby (Penina, Palmares and Alto itself, to name a few).

Paul V

Edited: 06 March 2012, 21:52
Lancashire
Level Contributor
78 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 star place for teenage boys

Thanks. I will have a look at the places you recommend.

Petersfield, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 star place for teenage boys

Sheraton Pine Cliffs definitely! For both you & the boys .. Great Golf Course, great beach & Starwood standard hotel

Meridian in Penina good but not on beach

Santa Eulalia a bit too Essex for my taste! Apologies if you're from Essex!

Mentioned in this post
Essex
Essex
England, UK
7. Re: 5 star place for teenage boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:17