We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive 4 Fun

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
139 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Drive 4 Fun

I know there are a lot of different posts about car hire on here. I have been recommended to use Drive 4 Fun and looking at their terms and prices seem reasonable.

I have searched for info or reviews on here about them but there is very little, does anyone have any reviews or first hand experience?!

Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive 4 Fun

I first heard of them last week when someone mentioned them, again and again. I checked their profile at the time and saw that posts from this user are very limited and do not really extend much beyond recommending this company, so I am not sure at this stage if it is geniune. They may very well be but at stage, I am afraid, I can't say more.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive 4 Fun

I've used them a lot and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 14:14
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive 4 Fun

Thanks Paul, good to know.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
139 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive 4 Fun

Thanks Paul.

I emailed them with a few questions and got a swift comprehensive answer and I know economycarshire uses them as one of their companies.

Would like to hear more info if anyone has any.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive 4 Fun

Thanks Paul.

When they say 'no excess to pay' do they mean no additional excess premium or no excess deposit/ payment at all?

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive 4 Fun

They will try to get you to pay for fully comp. insurance. Basic policy doesn't cover you fully even if you have an accident and you're not to blame. Personally I always pay the extra, just for peace of mind

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drive 4 Fun

We usually use travelrent through economycarhire. But next year it looks like ECH have dropped travelrent so have booked with Drive4fun. Their policies are the same ie petrol, bring back as you found it! Transponder offered for the tolls, Sounds all ok, they use the same office in carpark 4 and people who I have spoke to over there recommend them. We shall see!

Edited: 19 September 2012, 17:29
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drive 4 Fun

The only extra is €1.50 per day to cover damage to windows, locks and tyres (which I don't normally bother taking). There is no excess on any other damages. They also provide border crossing into Spain and allow an extra driver at no additional cost.

They take a credit card imprint in case you bring the car back with less petrol than it had going out and I presume to also cover any damage to windows etc.

There's not always someone there to check the car when you bring it back, but I've never had any issue with them finding something wrong with the car or claiming that I owed them for petrol.

I know they also have a later arrival time than some other companies before applying additional charges, but I can't remember the precise details.

I've dealt with them for a number of years, initially through Economy Car Hire and more recently by direct contact, and I've always found them very easy and courteous to deal with.

Paul V

Edited: 19 September 2012, 18:15
Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Drive 4 Fun

I'm assuming they must take a card imprint/ block on your cc in the event that you haven't taken out extra window/ locks/ tyre insurance. Am I correct?

Thanks.

MCG

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drive 4 Fun

"I'm assuming they must take a card imprint/ block on your cc in the event that you haven't taken out extra window/ locks/ tyre insurance. Am I correct?"

Yes, that's correct. I think I covered that in the second paragraph of post 8 above.