We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advantage car hire faro airport

london
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
advantage car hire faro airport

Has anybody had any dealings with this company ? Have hired cars from Faro airport numerous times but never come across them . Have just been quoted a very low price for july . I am a believer in you pay for what you get but just curious .

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

It's probably a booking agent which uses local car hire companies. You could ask them which one they use in Faro?

london
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

apparently they are the actual car hire company . It is via our booking agent in the uk

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

They are not mentioned anywhere in Portugal, nor in the telephone directory.

They probably have an outsource agreement with a local company.

london
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

I've done a search and found them in the usa and spain and the reviews dont look good !

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

Yes, I saw them too. However, it's almost certain they use a local rental company. It could be interesting finding out which one? Your travel agent could find the answer for you?

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

Probably Gold Car!!

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

Could be international car hire! Read all the threads on car hire problems and you will most likely answer your own question. Good luck

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

We recently had the unfortunate erxperience of dealing with them. They are based outside the airport. Their representative was not there on our arrival and we spent at least 20 mins searching high & low for her. You are then transferred by minibus and given a car. BEWARE the rule on returning the car with petrol.. We used half a tank but were charged for a full tank at 50c per litre above the cost of unleaded. Will NEVER use again

Rothwell, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

Booked via HolidayAutos. WARNING 'Firefly' will rob you for a 'compulsory' full tank of over-priced fuel, (40% higher price).

Got to the Airport no Rep' and no-one had heard of these crooks. After 1 1/2hrs of asking almost everyone someone at Hertz said they knew someone that worked for them and called. 30mins later a van turned up; no apologies from the driver. We were then driven 10mins (Not the 30mins it took them to reach us), to an unmarked depot and given a dirty wrecked Nissan Note. The woman in the depot offered no apologies despite my complaints and claimed she was in the Airport, which she 100% was not.

When we handed the car back they then scammed us out of another £6 cleaning fee despite the car being cleaner than when we collected it! Stranded, they refused to take us to the Airport unless we signed the Credit card slip.

I've been hiring cars all over the world for 25yrs and am a seasoned traveler; take it from me this company are the most appalling crooks

I cannot urge you enough to stay away from Firefly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: advantage car hire faro airport

Thanks for the tip off, they won't be getting our business