We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbound villas

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sunbound villas

Has anyone booked a villa with Sunbound Villas, an online agent based in Ireland? Any information about your experience would be useful

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbound villas

Hi Marie, welcome to the Forum. I am sorry I have never heard of them and cannot find any information on the Internet about them, which is quite unusual. It makes me think that although they say on their website that they have 15 years experience in the Algarve, that they may be a relatively new company. I think that they are also an agency and do not have exclusive rights to booking these villas, not unusual when booking high-end villas but I would suggest maybe asking if they will give you a rental contract.

Mentioned in this post
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
Lomdon
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunbound villas

Yes booked with them last year after I got scammed by owners direct where someone posed as a villa owner and took my money. Will never book with owners direct again as thrynwere no help but these guys are fine I got good service all round

Porto/Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunbound villas

Dear Marie,

I guess I have the same problem as you... Did you actually booked with Sunbound villas? Was it allright? Thank you in advance.

Porto/Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunbound villas

Dear Bld211,

Did you heard about Sunbound villas since then. I'm afraid I'm with the same problem as Marie.

Thank you in advance.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunbound villas

No, sorry I haven't heard anything new. They are definitely agents. Maybe if you wanted to book a villa at one of the bigger resorts, such as Dunas Doradas, you could contact them and ask if they know anything.about the company to put your mind at rest.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunbound villas

I have booked a villa for two weeks in August in Val do Lobo with Sunbound. Hopefully it will be trouble free I will post on my return

Cambridge
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunbound villas

Hi Marie - I'm considering booking with Sunbound Villas but am slightly nervous as haven't heard of them before - was everything ok for you?

Thanks in advance

Porto/Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunbound villas

Dear all,

I have spent a great week in Vale do Lobo and everything was OK with Sunbound Villas. The townhouse was there for me and it was like the pictures we saw at the Sunbound website! There were, however, two small things: the free Barringtons sport club membership they offer with the house could not be used since this sport center is closed for more than a year and, in the case you are Portuguese, you may not have Portuguese TV channels. Only UK channels! I was not thinking to use the sport center but not to have our national TV channels was really bad! My husband was really upset, not being able to watch the open season of his football team! After 3 days of complains (how could we be in Portugal and not to expect to have Portuguese TV?), the company sent a technician to install a TV box with the national channels but since there was no satellite, the the signal was always lost.

Mentioned in this post
Porto/Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunbound villas

Yes, it was. Please, see my post.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunbound villas

Not a good experience with Sunbound Villas. We original booked a villa in January for 2 weeks in August. in February I visited Vale do Lobo with a friend and we went to look at the villa - it was sandwiched between two construction sites! After numerous emails and phone calls (Sunbound tried to convince me construction work would stop during August, but having visited Val do Lobo on many occasion I knew it didn't) They eventually agreed to change the villa. When we arrived to my absolute disbelieve there was a construction site directly behind the villa with a huge crane in operation! We asked the local agent to move us. We had to move twice and we did eventually ended up in a beautiful villa but not after alot of phone calls and stress not what you need when you are paying £12000. From our experience I feel that Sunbound do not have much control of what actually happens in the resort and are dependent on a local agent who was unreliable and unprofessional. No I would not book with Sunbounds again.