We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Car rental Faro airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Gold Car rental Faro airport

If you enjoy standing outside in the heat and wind for an hour an three quarters, like being served by unhelpful staff, are happy to pay for a full tank of fuel that you're not going to use ( charged at premium prices) and are prepared to pay a premium for a diesel ( which you neither requested nor wanted ) plus are able to put up with various other sneaky little tricks to charge you more money then Gold Car is just the ticket

29 replies to this topic
merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

as has been said on many many threads on exact same subject

Willingdon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

This car rental is horrific! We picked up a battered estate ford focus, full tank of diesel that we have to use as its been paid for, toll money paid for and we arent even going on the motorway! I returned to speak to the very unhelpful woman to explain the state of the car and her reply was, it has 4 wheels what more do you want! Cant wait to speak to the manager when we return the beaten up excuse for a car on Thursday!

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

Sussex, If you don't use the toll road you should really be getting a refund of the money ( was it 20 euro?) on the return of the car, that is the policy most of the companies use ...mind you we are talking Gold Car here!!!

I do wish there was some way we could warn ALL travellers to the Algarve about Gold Car, we try our best on here but they still get the customers. It's a shame everybody does not look at trip advisor before renting. I hope you don't come across anymore problems with them. Good luck with the manager, maybe you could report back on here?

Willingdon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

NO refund, NO manager available, BUT I did let all the people waiting for a car rental what had happened to me and at least half went to the car rental next door, so I helped a few of them out, Im also going to post on twitter and facebook as I am so disgusted with the service!!

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

Well done Sussex,! Facebook may have more impact as it does reach a lot more people than this forum! sorry you had no refund....there is some hope, did you pay the 20 euro toll deposit by card or cash? Some companies do refund it back into your account if you paid by card. Mind you we are talking Goldcar here! You can now only hope. Any plans to take the matter even further?

Willingdon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

Yes, i will be. Making a formal complaint, wull keep you posted!!

Willingdon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

Willingdon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

Willingdon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

Ive set up a review for GOLD CAR RENTAL so if people want to look at reviews it comes straight up, check it out and add your comments!

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gold Car rental Faro airport

Sussex, finding it hard to find your review, what is the heading? There is an awful lot of reviews about them. When entering Gold Car rentals in the search box al I can find is your original posting plus a lot of other posts about them.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 00:03
Reply to: Gold Car rental Faro airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted