We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening temperatures

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Evening temperatures

What's the typical evening temp in early/mid September? I'm guessing that a long sleeve shirt might be based for the evenings?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,191 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening temperatures

Depends where you are in the Algarve. Towards the west, Lagos etc, it can be as low as 20C. In Albufeira, provided it is not too windy, it can still be in the mid 20's quite late at night.

The days can be very hot and when the sun goes down it can suddenly feel quite cool, especially if it is a bit windy. The same happens in June, when it is really weird to hear tourists complaining about the cold when the thermometer says 24C at 10pm and they have just come from somewhere that is 20C at best during the day!

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening temperatures

We're going to the Porto Bay Falesia in Olhos d'Agua. Sounds like it may still be warm in the evenings but I'll take some long sleeve shirts in case it's feels cool with the wind.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening temperatures

I always take a wrap and my husband takes a lightweight jacket when we go to Albufeira (for the past few years May, Sept, Oct) because the wind can pick up of an evening. Although its very welcome after the heat of the day, at times it can be quite strong and chilly.

(But you'll probably notice as the nights pass, you will become accustomed to it.)

Have a lovely holiday!

4. Re: Evening temperatures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 06:19