We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in the Algarve (Advice Please)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in the Algarve (Advice Please)

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me in a destination for a holiday next June.

Here's a little background on what I'm looking for. I've previously been to the Algarve in April and stayed in Olhos D'Agua, which was very nice and quiet at that time of year (no children!). We visited Vilamoura which was alright, a bit more 'British' than I had expected as well as Albufeira.

Travelling are my brother (23), myself (21) and my mother and father in their late 50's. I know for a fact my mother would hate Albufeira as it's so busy and very 'marmite' in my opinion, despite being good for my brother and I at our age! In essence we're looking for a place with a few eateries and bars around, near the beach/on the beach, but with some scenery. Not too Brit holiday resort. I realise it's asking a lot but I was hoping someone could let me know how some of the resorts are. From reading I've read the area around Lagos is nice but have never visited and the websites I find have very different reviews from one another half the time!

Any suggestions are more than welcome, in fact I'm counting on it! Hotel recommendations are even more welcome (high end hotels preferred).

Thanks,

Maria xx

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
21,782 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in the Algarve (Advice Please)

Lagos is an option, Alvor it's another and also Carvoeiro.

http://www.algarveuncovered.com/

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve
Level Contributor
14,187 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in the Algarve (Advice Please)

Have a look at Ferragudo, hotel Casabela. It's not a new hotel but has quite a nice atmosphere. You'll be close to the (fisherman's) town and the beach. http://www.ferragudouncovered.com/

Scotland
Level Contributor
131 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in the Algarve (Advice Please)

Carvoeiro would be ideal for you all. Lots of restaurants, cafes etc. lovely beach.

You won't be disappointed. Carvoeiro or Praia da luz are my two favourite destinations.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in the Algarve (Advice Please)

Thank you very much for the suggestions, they all look nice and suited to what we are looking for. I am putting them over to the other members of our party thanks!

5. Re: Where to stay in the Algarve (Advice Please)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:20