We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

My husband and I have just booked a week at Suites Alba Resort & Spa.

We wanted somewhere remote, and really just want to do nothing much apart from reading, photographing, sleeping and walking -so the place seemed great!

We currently therefore do not plan to hire a car as we do not plan to be much "out and about'.. (and I don't drive)

-However with our own kitchen it would be great to cook a few nights/lunches ourselves and we would therefore need to do some shopping once or twice during the week...

Does anyone know how far it is to nearest shop/market and are there buses? -or other transport?

Thanks for any help

Tina

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

You'll be quite isolated (but the surroundings are beautiful!). Way of transport would be a taxi and supermarkets will be in Lagoa. It would be a 10-15 min. drive, a taxi may charge you around 12 euro for that (one way)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,000 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

The Intermarché supermarket just outside Armação de Pera is about 4km away and a taxi to there would obviously be cheaper than going to the one in Lagoa.. There is certainly nothing closer than that.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

I wonder Cubsur. Yes, you can walk or cycle this maybe in 4 km's but I don't think a taxi would take that route. Don't you think a taxi would take the M1154 up to Lombos and then head for the M530 to go down south? Otherwise it all looks like dirt tracks.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

Thanks for great advice FTHW and cubsur :)!

I think 4 km would be great for walk for us -maybe with rucksacks to bring back shopping and vinho..

We wouldn't need much and we like to explore and walk -or maybe a taxi-ride would be fun..

I am going to post another message, but will also ask the question here: Does anyone of you have links/copies to the menues) at Suites Alba Resort & Spa? No problems if not.

(We are not too fuzzy about food as such -but I have a few health related preferences -none that can't be broken in the name of a holiday.. but I like to prepare :) ..)

Thanks again!

Edited: 09 January 2014, 21:33
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

Yes indeed, could be a great walk. I don't know if it will be easy but surely the hotel can give you more directions. I don't think you can get the menues but if you have health related preferences it's best to get in touch with the hotel before you go. Their email: central@suitesalbaresort.com

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

Thank you FTHW! :)

7. Re: Suites Alba Resort & Spa distance to shop/market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 07:23