We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

Dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

Last September we stayed at The Lake Resort, Vilamoura and loved it. We are a couple with a 3 year old daughter. We enjoyed the pool area, the fact that it was child friendly and it's proximity to the beach and the Marina so that we could stroll to a big choice of restaurants in the evening. I am tempted to book again for May but would welcome any suggestions of similar types of hotels in other areas of the Algarve close to beaches, restaurants etc that aren't too far from the airport (1 hours or so maximum) and are child friendly. We won't be hiring a car so would like to be in walking distance of these. It would be good to stay in another resort but there are so many to choose from! Thanks.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

Double posting, answered here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189111-i330-k7097…

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

I am looking into booking the Lake Resort this summer and was wondering if you could advise me if you booked direct with the accommodation itself or through a bed booker please ?Generally we book Villas but I would like to book here as a treat for my DH.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

You can compare prices through www.trivago.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

Thank you, I will take a look, and will also investigate booking direct with them, but I guess that will mean settling up in Euros.

Edited: 10 January 2014, 22:52
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

I think you can use http://www.trivago.co.uk/

Also see http://www.agoda.com/

Edited: 10 January 2014, 22:59
Dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

I booked hotel through Alphrooms last year, flights direct with the airline and transfers with Yellow Fish.

Dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

Sorry - I meant Alpharooms.com

8. Re: Hotel / Resort similar to a The Lake Resort, Vilamoura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:18