We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagos - Albardeira

Solihull
13 posts
Save Topic
Lagos - Albardeira

Hello,

My family and I are trying to book a villa in the Algarve in July/August. This will be our first visit to Portugal.

We were originally looking at Albufeira but we couldn't find what we are looking for from what was available. We also looked at Alvor, which was recommended to us, but the nicer villas in the better locations were a little too expensive. Now we've found a lovely villa in Albardeira in Lagos, but knowing nothing about Portugal, we don't know if this is the right area to visit.

We won't have a car so would like to be close to the beach/bars/restaurants/shops. We are happy to walk but would like the distance to be reasonable. We have a 2 year old daughter which is the main reason for wanting to be close to amenities, and also we don't want to be stranded in the middle of nowhere for 2 weeks.

Can anyone with any knowledge of the area tell me of Albardeira is right for us?

Thanks in advance.

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagos - Albardeira

Well I'm writing this about 600 metres from Albadeira right now!

To be honest, it depends where in Albadeira the villa lies!

If its near the Mandarin its within 1000 metres of Lagos Marina, Pingo Doce supermarket etc.

However, there is a hill involved!

Can you give a link to the villa and then maybe I can be more specific in my advice?

Solihull
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagos - Albardeira

Thanks for your reply.

Here is a link to the villa but not sure if it will help you to identify the area...

algarveaccommodation.co.uk/property-details…

Any info would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagos - Albardeira

Good Morning,

I took a look round the area of Albadeira I believe the property to be in but cannot specifically identify it.

I'm concerned a bit given that I cannot identify a villa with the sweeping driveway shown.

Can I suggest you ask them for the GPS co-ordinates of the property?

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagos - Albardeira

Thanks to our ever vigilant Vilamoura colleague, FTHW, it has been pointed out that I missed the map location link on the page link you posted.

I have been suitably chastised!! ;))))))

This is what happens when I obviously need new specs and I start work at 04:30 'cos I can't sleep!!!

Anyway, the mystery is now resolved.

See: http://goo.gl/YhAkjh

The property is in the "new" Albadeira Township, on the right, just beyond the old Mandarin restaurant.

I drove past it this morning!!!!!

The property is about 15 minutes walk downhill from Lagos Marina by someone who is fit!

Uphill and in the heat of July/August with a 2-year-old, allow 25 minutes up hill.

The same applies to getting to the Pingo Doce Supermarket, if you take the short cut of to the right. Add a further 10 minutes minimum for getting to town,

There is also the small problem of the 200m very narrow stretch of road to navigate at the beginning of the walk..

I always get the willies driving along there in summer, let alone walking! However, many people seem very happy doing it as the villas in this area are the closest to town.

Via the dirt track at the bottom of the development, Meia Praia Beach is about 800m - 1km from the house DOWNHILL.

Coming back from the beach, on a hot summer afternoon (and this is important), it is a steady gentle walk UPHILL all the way. (Either way, you may run into my friend "Hugo", a great big soppy friendly brown "retriever/labby/? mix" who hangs out near the beach end of the "dirt track" where his carers live! Watch out, he works the tourists in summer with the "I a poor unfed unloved starving puppy" scam!!!!!)

Hope this helps!

5. Re: Lagos - Albardeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:18