We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagos

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
200 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Lagos

Never been to Portugal but just booked a very cheap deal at Vistasol Park for next week for my hubby and myself we are mid 50s but like a bit of fun.

Any tips on where to eat evening meals and good bars with entertainment maybe karaoke? Any must do's and will I need summer clothes? Very excited at trying somewhere new hoping for a few pointers from you lovely people

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,916 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagos

You might not need summer clothes, sorry to say. Here is next week's forecast. It doesn't look like being too rainy but temperatures are going to be a bit below average for the time of year.

ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.localidade/index.jsp…

I haven't been to Lagos lately so I cannot tell you with any accuracy what places are open at this time of year.

You do know I hope that Vitasol (at least I think you mean Vitasol,not Vistasol) is on a hill above the marina and about a mile from the town itself.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 14:31
Dorset
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagos

Sorry to say its a bit early in the year for summer clothes in Lagos, but pack some shorts and tee shirts as it is unpredictable and for those coming for a holiday away from the chilly UK it will certainly feel warmer, but the evenings can be very chilly and sometimes windy. Lagos is quite a large town - not a resort - but not sure where you'll find a lot of nightlife at this time of year and very few tourists. Also be prepared for the odd shower. You will find the days are longer and the sun makes it a lot brighter. I hope you do get a good break and enjoy the delicious seafood restaurants on The Avenida.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagos

Yes we like walking hills too! Has anyone got any recommendations for nice restaurants? This obviously isn't our main holiday just a break

So anything you can suggest will be welcome

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagos

Yes we like walking hills too! Has anyone got any recommendations for nice restaurants? This obviously isn't our main holiday just a break

So anything you can suggest will be welcome

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lagos

Vitasol Park is 750m up the hill from Lagos Marina Roundabout and is also known as Marina Park.

The Marina, which will be your closest poitn of reference, is just coming back to life after winter and quite a few establishments are just thinking about reopening.

In the Marina complex you will find a couple of pubs, a Chinese restaurant, an Italian-style Restaurant, a couple of cafe/bars like Lazyjacks and Amuras. I think the pubs occasionally do Karaoke.

Over the Marina foot bridge you will find the main Avenida. Obviously, there is the perennial Adega da Marina which is about 300m from the bridge on the right. A further 300m brings you into Portas do Portugal and the main centre of Lagos. If find your way through there to Rua 25 de Abril you will find yourself on the main tourist restaurant ambush alley. I would suggest that O Cantinho Algarvio is one of the better establishments.

See: http://bit.ly/OsEHGm

Ignore the first review, its usually a good place to eat.

Sydney
Level Contributor
106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lagos

Sorry to jump in the older post - having trouble with my 'ask a question'

My daughter 24 and I will be in Lagos in July 2015 - probably a difficult question - however, have done quite a bit of research on a accommodation but can't decide on whether to stay in town, near restaurants, bit of nightlife or stay close to the beach? We don't mind walking - so do we stay on the beach and walk into town at night for dinner and drinks (would it be safe two females walking back to hotel at night?) or vice versa? I'm assuming that it will be quite hot. Only have 3 nights would like to see all the wonderful beaches, do the cliff walks, boat trip and enjoy some Portuguese hospitality. We love the beach and love eating!! So hard!! Say from Residence Inn (which I think is pretty much in the middle of town) to Praia Doña Anna - how long would that take to walk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) thank you.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,916 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lagos

Praia Dona Ana is about a mile from the town centre and there is a pretty steep hill on the way back.

Taxis might be a problem in July with long waits likely. There is a bus once an hour on summer evenings with the last one coming back from town at about 2330hrs.

Edited: 11 February 2015, 12:07
Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lagos

Lagos will be quite at night ,but still a lot of restaurants open,restaurante Forja is cheap and good,casa dos petiscos have very big portions,i think one portion is enough, I like also pizzaria Mama mia,.

There ia a very nice walk between praia da Luz and burgau.Rua 25 abril is full of restaurants.

Sydney
Level Contributor
106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lagos

Thank you so much! I guess after a hard day exploring, swimming and sightseeing - we might groan at the thought of an uphill walk. Love the whole look of Lagos, still can't decide which location to stay in. Any further advice or tips?

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lagos

crackers007

In july the accomodation will be 'expensive'. how much you want to give per night?

expensive you have the Tivoli Lagos,choose new wing garden view,behind the bus station,near the marina,

or casa paula,probably cheaper, nice studio's(they have only 6 studios)cosy.inside the walls but very near the wall,

apartemts.solagos ,outside the wall near the camping trindade en on the way to praia Dona Ana,

Or Apart. Iberlagos choose sea view,just upstairs of praia dona Ana, see tripadvisor for prices and reviews.