We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

Montreal
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

Hello Tripadvisors, My first trip to Portugal and staying 4 nights in Algarve. Would you recommend 2 nights Lagos, and 2 nights Albufeira or 4 nights in one spot (which one ?). Recommendations for accommodations for near ocean (pretty beach) that are clean and efficient and good location including parking (close to beach, bars and restos in nice neighbourhood). Any advice would help at this point. Trip for nights of July 30 to Aug 2 2014. Many thanks :-)

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,353 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

It's high season, everywhere is packed, if you want to see 2 different "faces" of the Algarve choose Lagos and Tavira. Hope that you still get reasonable prices for accommodation.

Sagres
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

Julia you want lots of people (Albufeira) or a less crowded city (Lagos)?

Montreal
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

I guess I would like to experience both. Don't want boring quiet (but peaceful fun) nor do I want loud and disturbing crowded... I do love the beach and swimming in the ocean and I understand the water at that time of year is 68F which doesn't bother me... any advice would help as I have never been. Suggestions welcomed.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

If you do not already have accommodation for this very busy period it will be both expensive and difficult to find.

Albufeira is the biggest holiday resort area in the region, catering for around 100,000 tourists on any one day at that time of year. About half the visitors are British, so it does not have much Portugal about it. And parking in the town centre and near most of the beaches here is almost impossible in July and August.

Montreal
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

Thanks Cubsur, what is expensive ? per night average please specify currency ... Many thanks :-)

Montreal
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

Big thank you to all above tripadvisors for your feedback on this post. Much appreciated.

7. Re: 4 nights in Algarve... Lagos or Albufeira or both?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16