We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Station

London, United...
Level Contributor
334 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Train Station

How far is Albufeira's Train Station from the town centre, and if there are any taxis waiting outside the station.

Thank You

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Station

Albufeira train station is actually in Figueiras about 8km from downtown Albufeira. During the day there are taxis there periodically as well as buses.

Last Saturday night there was bus for Albufeira at the station at about 20:15.

London, United...
Level Contributor
334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Station

obrigado barlaventoexpert.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Station

Last bus into town is 2020 daily but they are very infrequent at weekends. If there is no taxi waiting you can call one from either of the two bars/cafes outside the station. it will cost €8 - €10 to get into town depending on time and actual destination.

Zoetermeer, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Station

Thanks very much for asking that question and the very helpful reply! Because I was wondering also where the trainstation in Albufeira would be... Spanish trainplanner said there was a station, but on all the maps I searched, I could not find the location. Now I know why ;-) ! Also it is nice to know there are busses and/or taxi's to go downtown.

I am planning a trip from Holland to Albufeira in March 2008. Can anyone tell me what trainticket from Madrid to Lisboa approx. costs and if is only possible to take Madrid-Salamanca-Lisboa traject? Or is there a better route without such an inconvenient (long: 5-6 hours in middle of the night vice versa) in Salamanca?

Thx in advance for any tips or help!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Station

There is only one train a day Madrid - Lisbon which runs overnight as a 'train-hotel'.

Current one-way tariff starts at €57.50 one-way in peasant class up to almost €200 for a single bedroom. You can get all the details in English at www.cp.pt.

There are a number of bus companies with several daily buses Madrid - Lisbon at less cost than the train. I have some information at www.algarvebus.info/001.htm ; if you are actually heading for the Algarve you could travel by train to Seville then bus to Faro etc.

A very long journey either way!

Zoetermeer, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train Station

Hi Cubsur! Thx very much for your answer. I also realised it will be - like you say - a long journey either way and being less expensive than train, I booked 30 minutes ago a very cheap flight (Lufthansa/TAP) from Amsterdam to Lisboa. We plan to stay there one night (March 2) and then take train to Albufeira (or better Figueiras ;-)) where we booked Appartment Brisa Sol, RUA DO MUNICIPIO 27-2054 u/i March 31. We want to take train that day to Lisboa, having flight back home on April 1.

To find trainschedules I used the website of DB (http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/nn), but now I on the site of CP.pt I see in the horario the dates after January 1 are blank. Do you know if there will be new schedule or at least trains in March? (Sorry for long post.....)

7. Re: Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira