We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Dinner

uk
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day Dinner

Hello its our first trip to the area and we are booked AI in the Muthu hotel. We are a family party of 8 including pensioners and older children.

We have been informed we will have to pay a £35 per person supplement for christmas dinner at the hotel. We are wondering if we would have any choice from other restaurants in the area or will they all be closed?

Any other sugggestions for festivities in the area would also be aprreciated

many thanks

joanne

14 replies to this topic
Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

35 is a good price. we are fully booked at 40 a head. try invictus or zoo bar

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
669 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

Which muthua hotel are you staying at? Several in the area! We stayed at muthua oora praia recently, the restaurant wasn't open, too quiet, but they did seem to be gearing up for xmas/new year diners! What board basis did you book? If A.I seems unfair to charges extra for Xmas lunch which your prior warning! If you are s/c of half board €35 seems reasonable, their are loads of fantastic places to eat in the area and sure lots of them will be open serving xmas lunch or other offerings, but many may be fully booked at this late stage! Hope you find somewhere, sure others will know what is open and what they are offering!

Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

Presumably as you are AI there is an alternative to Christmas Dinner being supplied if you don't wish to pay the supplement? In which case they are within their rights to charge a supplement, even though it does seem rather mealy mouthed. One of the reasons why no regular contributors to this forum recommend AI I am afraid. As The Cottage says, the price is actually reasonable for Christmas dinner, how much would you pay in the UK?

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

Joane - . We have had a cancellation on a table of 11 who've been mucking me around. I have other people on a waiting list as we were fully booked but 1st come 1st served

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

I don't know if they have any spaces left, but we are going to the Red Lion for dinner this year. It might be worth trying. They are right at the top of the hill coming from Oura beach. The Sunday dinners there are excellent so Christmas dinner is sure to be good.

The Cottage is also a lovely little English run restaurant.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

Is the Cottage open all year then?

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

yes it is.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
8,188 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

Pete is Christmas Dinner at The now Cottage on mid strip or at The old Original one ( Now Chicken & Ribs place) at top of the strip???, I seem to recall you saying you had changed it to the old original Cottage .I know someone who is looking for somewhere but whether they are now fixed up I'm not sure but let me know and will pass the info on.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

Many thanks

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Day Dinner

Yes we are doing christmas day in the old cottage, now chicken and ribs, at top of strip. Had a table of 11 really muck me around and now cancelled having only paid 45 euro deposit.

Reply to: Christmas Day Dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira