We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free - Faro Airport

Teesside
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Duty Free - Faro Airport

Hi, I usually wait and buy my perfumes at the airport on my return home from holiday as there is more choice and cheaper. Please can you tell me if this is worth doing at Faro airport or better to buy in Albufeira.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty Free - Faro Airport

There seems to be a reasonably good selection at the airport but I guess if you saw something you really liked in Albufeira you wouldn't pay much different. The consideration being of course that unless the bottle is tiny, you have to put into your hold baggage as airport security will confiscate it if it's in your hand baggage.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
657 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty Free - Faro Airport

Hi, there is a good selection of the usual brands at the airport, I didn't see much in the way of perfume for sale in Albufeira. If you want to buy alcohol & tobacco, the prices in the shops are very good, but again some good prices in duty free also. Beware of carrying liquids back home they are as strict at Faro airport as in the UK, & we saw several bottles left behind on a table at the entrance to airport security.

3. Re: Duty Free - Faro Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira