We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips

Bristol
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day Trips

Hi

We are staying in Clube Praia da Oura for a week at the end of September. What fun day trips would you advise us to do? We are a couple in our early 20's so aren't really interested in museums and educational stuff! I have seen people mention Zoomarine. Is that geared towards younger children?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips

Two friends of mine (40 somethings) swam with the dolphins at Zoomarine and thoroughly enjoyed it - but it is very expensive. I don't know what the dolphins think about this.

Northern Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips

Just back from portugal we went to the zoo marina and enjoyed the dolphins and sea lion shows the rest wasn't that great. There are about 3 -4 water parks which looked good they were very busy in august not sure what september would be like, you can also go out on a boat for the day and go dolphin watching or go on a jeep safari. If you fancy a bit of shopping there is a big shopping centre (algarve shopping centre) which is about €10 each way to get to worth a visit.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips

What about a day trip to Seville? There are buses going every day and it is only two hours away.

Lisbon is also two hours and there are regular busses and trains every day.

Two couples in their mid 20's spent the day at Zoomarine yesterday and loved every minute of it.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
657 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trips

I would disagree that it only takes 2 hours to get to Seville from Albufiera, check out ; thomasallen.home.sapo./pt/travel/index.htm

for more info on public transport to Seville, it suggests that it takes 2 hours from Ayamonte by bus.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trips

OK, it takes 2 hours by car; we make the journey regularly. A friend took a bus from Seville airport and got to Albufeira 3 hours later. I guess it depends which bus you take!

6. Re: Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira