We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

Just booked for next year into the Brisa Sol.

I see its mostly got good reviews. Anyone on here been?

nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

not been yet.am going on oct 11th for 2 weeks.be happy to give you my honest opinion when i get back.you right thou it has got good reviews,althought i booked it before i read any.be back oct 25th.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

Just back on the 18th Sept, just brilliant!!

Studio and / or one bedroom great.

They are renovating the pool and pool bar in November so although I thought it was great it is set to be improved.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

Going back there yet again on the 10th Oct. It has had a refurb in the last year. We were there 1st week in September and everything was fine. Great position for the Old town a 10 minute walk (down hill). nice pool area indoor pool and gym. I always recommend people to get a pol view room, some of the rooms look out over the supermarket car park next door, The supermarket incidently is very good! Hope that helps you further.

scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

been at at brisa sol last 4 years and booked again for 2009 cant give a better recommendation than that make sure you get a pool view or even better a poolside studio

Scotland
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

Thanks everyone for your comments, I know its 10 months away but cant wait. Been to Albufeira before and stayed in the sister hotel of Brisa Sol - Tropicol Sol and that was great!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
150 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

hi i just got back last sunday from staying at the bisa sol , i left a comment and i can say it is a nice hotel with friendly staff and easy walking distant to the square and the strip but the train stops next to the hotel. you have to try the cake shop and the shoe shop next to the hotel is fab , i got some wonderful shoes. you will enjoy this hotel

Ann

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

I've been thinking about going away for christmas, and as we havne't been to the algarve before, thought we'd have a look at albufeira. I'm extremely pleased to see that staying at the brisa sol is is much cheaper than I was expecting, but seeing the cheap price has set alarm bells ringing as to the reason why. hoever after reading the reviews and some of the replies to the OP here, I'm biting the bullet and booking. But would anyone have comments on why the area and this hotel is such a reasonable price at christmas?

Suzie

west yorks
Level Contributor
177 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

My friend books albufeira every christmas, prefers the fact that its less touristy and the weather tends to still be nice but not hot.....

nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

shazza you will not be dissapointed. hotel is lovely. ideal location. very clean. maid came every day to change towels and clean bathroom etc.room was very clean and spacious. pool area large with plenty of sunbeds. we had a room overlooking car park and supermarket but it wasnt unpleasant because we got plenty of sun when sat on balcony. and when sat out you cant see whats below because of balcony wall.the only dissapointing thing was having to leave.lol. arrived home early this morn. wish was still there.id def recommend brisa sol to anyone and we'll def go back there. im quite fussy and havent visited same hotel twice in the past, but brisa sol is a definate return.enjoy.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked for Brisa sol - anyone been?

Geosu, If you can get the Brisa sol for a 'cheap price take it! OK, its in the winter time but it has an indoor pool, games room. If you can, get a pool view room, they are better situated. The breakfasts are excellent the staff are friendly main bar not bad but entertainment not very good, not that we stayed in the bar long enough, it may have got better as the night progressed. I cannot fault the hotel and will always return there. As everyone has said the cake/coffee shop within the hotel building is fantastic! The Mondelo next door has everything you need if you want to keep any food/drink items in your room. (There is a small kitchenette within the room.) Hope this helps you.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira