We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

Are there any good restaurants which will be open in early December and within walking distance of Grande Real Santa Eulalia?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

It seems that we will have to go into Albufeira.

How long will it take walking and can anyone recommend good restaurants which are open in early December.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

Hi there.

There are lots of great restaurants nearby but I am not sure if they are open early December. I'm sre some of them will be, after all the locals still like to eat out.

The only thing I could suggest is that you have a wander when you get there. (Walk up from the 5 palms roundabout towards the Dom Pancho hotel.)

It's a pleasant walk (about 10 mins stroll) and there's bound to be a bar or two open for you to stop in along the way. ;-)

Once you see the Dom Pancho, take the road on your left (Ali Super is on the corner) and there are more restaurants down there.

That road will also take you to the Strip. (approx 5 mins)

Hope this helps and have a great holiday!

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

I've just remembered...

The Happy House Chinese restaurant is open all year round. It's just past the 5 palms roundabout, in a small square set back off the road, opposite Eddy's Bar and Lara's Place. (Underneath the hotel Oura Praia.)

Fab food (great all you can eat buffet for €8.95 as well as a full menu) fab prices, and fab service!

(Can you tell it's one of our favourites? Hahaa!)

Again, have a great holiday!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

Amanda, many thanks for your replies. The Happy House will be one that we will definitely investigate. Sounds great value.

Are there any restaurants that you could recommend within walking distance of the Grande Real which we could check out to see if they are open instead of going into Albufeira.

It's great to have a restaurant close by to the hotel to return to instead of trying to get a taxi after eating and drinking. It makes the evening more enjoyable instead of worrying about getting a taxi afterwards.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

Hi again, hope I haven't missed you and you have already left...

I would say that the Five Palms roundabout is about 5mins walk from where you are staying.

From there, turn right (go straight ahead for the Happy House!) and two minutes up the road you have a good selection of restaurants, starting with Paolo's Pizzeria.

(There is also a Portuguese one directly opposite which is good - can't remember the name - sorry.)

From Paolo's onwards, I would say that all the restaurants are really good - especially Annabels.

(If it's open and you go there, please say Hi to Nicky and her lovely mum!)

Walking up a further 5 minutes or so, there is a large Portuguese fish restaurant (can't remember the name again -sorry!) which is extremely good value - you won't believe the variations and amounts you get!

On the opposite side of the road is an American Diner (which my son loved and husband hated...)

Opposite the Happy House is Eddys Bar, which is ran by very good friends of ours (Pele, Carlos and Lena)

They should still be open for their delicious breakfasts if you fancy one. You can get cheaper breakfasts, but I don't think you will get as good quality and portion sizes.

I hope this helps, and again, have a wonderful holidsy. (I'm not really jealous!!!)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

Amanda, again many thanks for the info. We are heading out next weekend so plenty of time if you get any more inspiration.

At least we now know which direction to go. It's a great help when it's somewhere new.

We love Portugal and have previously headed in the other direction from Faro to Tavira except for one trip years ago to Alvor.

So really looking forward to this trip. I'm sure the weather will be, at the very least, warmer than here at the moment which won't be hard.

Thanks again for your info, you obviously know the area well.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

My pleasure hun! Have a fabulous time!

8. Re: Restaurants open Dec. close to Grande Real Santa Eulalia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira