We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derry, Northern...
5 posts
Save Topic
Weather in October

I'm desperate to know what the weather is usually like in October.

I've booked a family holiday to Club Praia da Rocha Apartments in Praia da Rocha from 13-20 October 2005 and have been hearing that its maybe not that warm around that time. Since my son is only 3 years old I'll need to be prepared for the weather!! Also, any comments on the Club Praia da Rocha Apartments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

I checked the weather channel for Faro (Portimao averages were not listed but should be close)for you and highs average 23 lows 14 and the r word which we never want to see on holiday 66mm for the month. Dont know about the apartments....but you will love the beach and the people. We went for the first time last January and loved it . When you come from -30*C anything is warmer. it was 15-18 for us in the daytime but got cooler as soon as the sun went down.

At least when you go on holiday you wont have to pack for 4 seasons like we do here in Canada. they have already had snow out west in the mountains.

We enjoyed the area so much we are booked again for late January. at Jardim Do Vau....Enjoy!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,321 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

I know your visit is a fortnight away but it is currently 25C here (almost 11am) and will get hotter. It hasn't rained for six months apart from a couple of thunderstorms. So you know excatly what will happen!

Seriously, it should be warm enough during the day but when the sun goes down around 7pm it can get quite cool quite quickly.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

If I could I would spend my beach holidays in Algarve in October or in June. As you know the weather conditions change from one year to another, it's a question of luck.

Derry, Northern...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

Thanks for your help. I think I'll make sure I'm prepared for all weathers!!!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in October

Hurricane Vince hit Algarve at 11th October, after loosing strengh, just as a tropical depression.

Prepared for all weathers?...

Liverpool
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in October

Hi,

I have just returned from Praia Da Rocha and i stayed in Club Praia Da Rocha. I would advise you to buy a travel kettel/toaster as they make you rent them per week when you arrive and the prices are not cheap, also you have to rent your remote for the tv!

We took a travel kettle to save our money you can buy them for about 10 pounds!

The apartments were not bad we was in the first block on floor 10, the cleaning was not very good so take some of your own disenfectanct for a wipe around, also they never changed our bed linen once all week.

The resort was great no complaints there. The beach was amazing, it was just beautiful.

You must try the grilled sardines from the one of the resturants on the beach.

Hope you have lovely time, me and my partner are thinking of going back in September thats how much we loved it.

Liverpool
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in October

Hi,

I have just returned from Praia Da Rocha and i stayed in Club Praia Da Rocha. I would advise you to buy a travel kettel/toaster as they make you rent them per week when you arrive and the prices are not cheap, also you have to rent your remote for the tv!

We took a travel kettle to save our money you can buy them for about 10 pounds!

The apartments were not bad we was in the first block on floor 10, the cleaning was not very good so take some of your own disenfectanct for a wipe around, also they never changed our bed linen once all week.

The resort was great no complaints there. The beach was amazing, it was just beautiful.

You must try the grilled sardines from the one of the resturants on the beach.

Hope you have lovely time, me and my partner are thinking of going back in September thats how much we loved it.

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in October

I always go to the Algarve for the first or second week of October, purely because I don't like it too hot. The weather is always glorious, with maybe 1 gentle spell of rain.

It certainly doesn't spoil it or hinder the holiday. I think the Algarve is fantastic at that time of year. It still has tourists but it's not crowded. The atmosphere and weather don't suffer at that time of year as the season continues until the end of October. I'm there again this year, 29 Sept to 13 Oct. Bring it on.

9. Re: Weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira