We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

As per the title really. We are going to Albufeira soon and may have the odd night out on the strip. The group is aged between 18 and 32. Can anyone recommend good bars/clubs on the strip - popular with good music and good atmosphere. Also, will they get very busy at end of this month or will they be quiet still?

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

Personally, I'd recommend staying in Old Town as there is plenty to do and have a wicked time. Me and my mates mid 20s went to Strip two nights out of ten last July and that was enough...good for a night but too much otherwise...and too many teenagers lol!

Try starting at Central with some cocktails then head to Atrium and Twist and then Bubha Bar in Old Town.

Kiss is a good club though at bottom of strip and turn right and first left :)

Love Kadoc too although it's a bit further out of town.

Happy to help if you have other questions

Andy

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
579 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

was there end of May and loved the strip but it was more hen and stag parties then so wasnt mega young (well i am 36!!) was good age range, favourites were La Bamba, renos and Matts bar all at the bottom of the strip.

When i was there in September i prefered the old town, was brilliant good age mix and bars were ace (although in May it was too quiet in old town down main street hence going to the strip)

Going in a week and halfs time for 3 nights and staying in the old town again so hoping its jumping around the square and down bar street

you'll have ace time whereever you end up

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

Bars on the strip to visit with good music are Mambos, Renos, La Bamba, Matts bar, Wild & Co, these are all at the bottom of the strip (Beach end) Kiss disco is just off the bottom of the strip and open until around 6am

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

Hi,

Libertos Bar/Disco in famous strip ( oura ) is very popular and my daugther like very much go there.

Leonor

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

Leonor forgot about Libertos. Has your daughter ever visited Mitto (Only open at weekends) just off the strip on the street where the post office is Or Capitulo V on Oura Beach? They look buzzing places for the clubbers. I know the latter two Mitto & Capitulo V are mainly Portuguese clients.

EIre
Level Contributor
504 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

Went into Libertos for a "look-see" when there in May. Really nice looking club however, when there there was all of five other girls inside there! Kiss was always much better and packed on both occassions we were in it! As for bars, we liked Matts and Wild & Co.

7. Re: recommend best bar/clubs in Albufeira please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira