We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time difference?

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
time difference?

is there a time difference between the Algarve and UK at the moment. We are visiting Albufeira at the end of the month.

bristol
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time difference?

No, the time is the same.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time difference?

The time is always the same as we also observe daylight saving.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time difference?

Isn't the time difference GMT + 1 Hour on?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: time difference?

Well it is now GMT +1 now as we are on summer (daylight saving) time. Portugal keeps exactly the same time as the UK (the only country on mainland Europe that does) and changes from summer time to winter time and v.v. at the same time also.

Edited: 18 June 2010, 12:55
Scotland
Level Contributor
407 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: time difference?

This confirms no time diff between UK & Portugal

http://www.travel-images.com/time-zones.html

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: time difference?

I am always amused by how many people think we are on the same time zone as Spain, who is one hour ahead. The put their watches forward one hour and only usually discover their mistake around the time they are due to return home.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: time difference?

Even the pilot and cabin crew on flights never get it right, always seem to say + 1 hr, really annoys me they can't get their act together.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: time difference?

True! I have been on several flights back to Faro where the cabin crew announce that watches should be put forward and then a few moments later we hear an embarrassed correction. It worries me that if they don't know where they are...

9. Re: time difference?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 05:18