We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Lettings

ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Lettings

I have been looking at the possibility of booking an apartment with holidaylettings.co.uk. in Albufeira. My understanding is that you deal directly with the owners of the apartments - a little nervous about transferring a deposit without checking out if its all above board. Anyone with any tips on what I should be checking before paying?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Lettings

Has the apartment recived any "reviews" yet?

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Lettings

I have dealt with an owner thus way fir my villa booking this year. My advice would be:

Go with your gut feeling when asking for prices. Some of the enquiries I made were dealt with in a very poor manner and I then steered clear of any further dealings.

Personally I prefer to deal only with an English owner, as I feel the more secure about the authenticity.

Build up a relationship through enquiries about the cost, availability, area, facilities etc. If the owner is willing to take the time and trouble to communicate in a friendly and professional manner it will give you more confidence.

Check that you have a contact address and phone number for the owner before you transfer any money.

Go with your gut instinct!

Moville, Ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Lettings

for my last few holidays i have used either holidaylettings, holidayrentals or ownersdirect and everything has been above board, in fact the best holidays we've had have been through doing it this way, and the apartments we've had have been top knotch, always had regular email correspondance with the owners and never any problems with money or deposits, hope this vote of confidence helps!

Dublin
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Lettings

For those who wish to deal directly with owners, in particular owners in UK/Ireland, have a look at www.corcovadasun.com, This site provides direct contact numbers for owners of a range of diifferent size apartments in the Corcovada complex, who can arrange airport transfers, welcome packs etc.

Parque da Corcovada, a relativey new complex (new in 2008) up by the globe roundabout in Areias da Sao Joao, one of the newer suburbs of Albufeira, is within about a five minute walk of the middle of the strip, with all its bars & restaurants, about a ten minute walk to Oura Beach and about fifteen minutes walk to Santa Elaulia beach. It consists of one, two, & three bedroomed penthouse apartments & also some villas. Most, if not all, have aircon, central vac, & many offer sky tv with Irish/UK channels.

The immediate area is quite, there are regular buses to oldtown that stop outside and you can also get the tourist train from the middle of the strip to Oldtown (Journey time about 10 minutes). A taxi to anywhere in Albuferia, including oldtown, should not set you back more than €5. If you prefer to walk to oldtown it should take you about 50 minutes.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Lettings

hi we have always used holiday lettings or owners direct, we only book with english owners, and always phone prior to booking, obtain as many details as you can, if anything doesnt sound right then dont go ahead with it, also look for reviews etc

ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Lettings

Thanks everyone for your advice. The apartment I was looking was Apartment 49856 (holidayletting.co.uk) on the Club Albufeira complex owned by an Irish lady. Would appreciate any info on Club Albufeira and indeed on this particular apartment.

Plan to travel end of June for 2 weeks and am looking for a complex with plenty to keep 3 teenagers happy most of the time (i.e. any sports facilities would be a bonus - football pitch, tennis, crazy golf), trips into the Oldtown of an evening and a few excursions.

Cheers

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
684 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Lettings

Let me know what you decide on as I am looking for something similar to accomodate 2 teenagers

ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Lettings

I'lldefinitely let you know - I'm keen to get the accommodation sorted asap but as you probably know very important to get it right.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
684 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Lettings

I have also been looking at Balaia Golf Village, Parque da Corcovada and Solário de São José. They all seem to have good 2 bedroom apartments. The Balaia seems to offer most in the way of entertainment but is probably furthest out. The Solario offers lots of things to do (squash, pool, table tennis etc... but has not bar or restaurant attached.

Dublin
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Lettings

Hi Catrosireland

Just to let you know that while Club Albufeira has had some good reports, it is a few kilometers outside town on the main highway (dual carriageway) to Fereiras, so you will need a car.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira
Recent Conversations