We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets in Albufeira

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Topic
Markets in Albufeira

Hello

Are there any markets in or near Albufeira that are worth visiting? And will they be open over the Easter period (23rd to 30th April)?

Thanks

Europe
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets in Albufeira

IMHO - no! there is a fruit veg and fish market up towards the bus station but the supermarkets are just as good for food - and often cheaper! If you see a gypsy market advertised then, personally, I'd avoid. they are full of tat or jumble sale stalls and full of people who will try to sell you absolute rubbish - including bricks!

Better off around the stalls in the old town or going out to Algarve Shopping.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets in Albufeira

I agree with Homekey that you can get some great stuff around the Old Town instead of the gypsey markets but I drive past the gypsey market in Albufeira to get to work and it is always jam packed with tourists.

The market is held on the first and third Tuesday of each month so you will miss it but if you really want to go to one, there is a very similar market in Quarteira every Wednesday and you can get a bus or taxi there.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,453 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets in Albufeira

The same lot more or less are also at Loulé on a Saturday morning.

All these outdoor 'gypsy' markets pack up around 1 o'clock so get there early if you want to go.

4. Re: Markets in Albufeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira