We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O Jorges Restaurant

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dewsbury
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
O Jorges Restaurant

Coming over on Monday is O Jorges open yet, if so do they open every night. Also is Universal / Two Brothers still open always love going there when we are over. Thanks. Cannot wait!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,941 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

Do you mean the O Jorge that's above Pingo Doce supermarket at Bellavista? If so, it was open last Friday. I'm not sure if they open every night.

Sorry, I don't know about the other one.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

O'Jorge do close one night of the week but not sure which. Maybe bld will know.

The Universal & the 2 brothers are open.

Edited: 29 March 2011, 10:28
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

O Jorge usually closes on Mondays and August!! Yes, you see right, the only place in the Algarve who dares to close in the middle of summer but stays open the rest of the year.

dewsbury
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

Thanks for prompt replies have been coming to algarve 2/3 times a year for years, always use this site but first time I have posted anything, Thanks again cant wait for Monday.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

Sorry to drag this up from the grave, but does o Jorge close for all of august? I'd been looking forward to it and now looks like I'll miss out :-(

6. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 21:35
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,458 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

Ate there just last week and the waiter said that they are closed for the whole of August. Us holidaymakers find it strange that a place should close at the height of the season. These traditional restaurants don't need the holiday trade as they earn most of their income from the locals trade throughout the year. One of my favourite places to eat in Gran Canaria also close for a month during the high summer as it's packed with locals year round, they need their holiday breaks too !!!

Edited: 06 May 2011, 06:52
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

O Jorge is not a tourist restaurant and caters mostly for locals. It is only through forums like this, that tourists get to hear about it. They have a very loyal following from the locals, so are busy throughout the year, including winter. They are the only restaurant that I know of that closes every August. They are also closed on Mondays.

9. Re: O Jorges Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 10:18