We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

Cork
14 posts
Save Topic
Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

Hi, have been stalking site for a month or so and I'm just mesmerised with all the options. We'd like to be close to The Old Town and beach. Windmill, Club Albufeira and Parque de Corcovada all catching my eye. Windmill seems quite expensive at €700 for last week in May, Club and Parque seem a little far away.

I'd be grateful for any feedback, myself, hub and 22 month old will be travelling.

Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

Windmill Hill, also known as Alto do Moinho, is closest to the Old Town and yes the price does seem expensive. I presume that it is a renovated penthouse apartment with great view to justify that price.

Club Albufeira is further out, about 15 minutes walk to the Old Town. The resort has excellent on-site facilities and a courtesy bus that goes to the Old Town twice a day. The public bus also stops right outside.

Parque da Corcovada is on the opposite side of Albufeira near The Strip. Walking to the Old Town would take at least 30 minutes but there is a bus stop right outside the resort and the buses run every 20 - 30 minutes.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

Clube Albufeira beats Windmill Hill (and Corcovada) in one respect in that the walk into town is more or less flat. The new footpath alongside and above the river, which covers almost all the distance, also makes it almost a traffic free walk. There are though a couple of hundred yards or so to deal with alongside the main road as you leave Clube A..

As Bld211 says, the bus stops across the road from the entrance to Clube Albufeira right outside the campsite and will take you into the old town for €1,10 every half hour. However it comes back a very roundabout way and takes ages.

Once in the old town centre the beach is about another 250 yards, but that is all now a pedestrian precinct.

Hope that helps and enjoy your trip.

Cork
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

Thanks so much for speedy and informative replies. Veering towards Club now...!

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

I saw the header again and realised I had made a chirp about the apartment in Windmill Hill being a penthouse. Don't worry, I am not this thick all the time, only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

Oh, and thank you Cubsur and Jill, for being too polite to comment....

Cork
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

;)

7. Re: Ground floor two bed apartment, advice re location pls...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 09:23
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira