We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back, brilliant!

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
doncaster
Level Contributor
21 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back, brilliant!

Hi all,

Just got back yesterday (15th) & just had to say what a brilliant time we had we last stayed two years ago & we were not disappointed with the area. I panicked a bit before going re. the weather as I noticed there had been a bit of rain but no problem there as the sun shone each & every day. The beaches, people, bars all spot on & if anyone is just ready for flying over & are worrying about prices, then don't. I honestly don't think the majority of prices have gone up in two years & that is a credit to the Algarve people. 2 euros for a large beer, 3 to 5 euros for a breakfast if thats what you are after & eating out on a night again very reasonable.

In a nutshell we would go back in a flash Albufeira & the Algarve are such beautiful areas & a credit to Portugal.

Hope everyone has a good a time as we did!

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
144 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back, brilliant!

Thanks for that my fellow south yorkshiremen. We fly out on sunday for 10 days and cant wait. Glad to hear you had a great time. We last went to the Algarve 19 years ago so im expecting a lot of changes. Will put my review on too.

Leeds & Albufeira
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back, brilliant!

I agree! We also got back on Sunday and I'm already regretting it and looking forward to our next trip in July!

Just hope that they don't increase petrol prices by too much by then and have decided not to toll the 22 (some hope!).

Also agree that prices don't seem to have changed much - apart from petrol!

Get out there and enjoy. It did seem very quiet for the time of year though and I wonder about the impact of the recession on the area, let alone the Portuguese people generally.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back, brilliant!

Agree with Bowy re prices. We loved Albufeira and thought prices were very reasonable. WIll definately be going back again.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,591 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back, brilliant!

We aim to please. Prices won't stay the same forever once as VAT etc is bound to increase as part of the payback for the Euro bailout.

Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back, brilliant!

Glad you all had a lovely break, myself and 3 girl friends are travelling out early friday morning for the weekend and weather looks iffy enough if you go on the meterological sites :(

Can I ask are all the bars and restaurants open and is there a good atmosphere around at night? When I was there last July Bar street and the old town square in particular were lively spots at night with a great vibe.

In big trouble if its quiet since I recommended it to the girls!!!!

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back, brilliant!

Thanks for the feedback, glad you had a great holiday.

7. Re: Just got back, brilliant!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira