We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The area dont sound safe then ?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The area dont sound safe then ?

My Husband and i go there soon, and now im very very SCARED

:(

I reallly dont want to go ! This was a break for us both to go and relax and enjoy im really scared!

If icould get my money back and book somewhere else i would :(

Any advice welcome pls :\

blackpool
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

I think if u are goin to the old town and don't stay out til 3 am or go wandering down dark quiet streets, you'll be fine. All that's been said does make it sound like it's out of control bit I doubt it is. It's a lovely place. It's very lively, I doubt there will be muggings in broad daylight.

Edited: 01 June 2011, 20:30
liverpool
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

Got to agree with Jamesd just get your cases packed sun cream out get on the plane and get over there and enjoy you will love it

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

Relax and come and enjoy your holiday. Use the same common sense on holiday that you use at home and you will be fine. You would think that this town had been turned into a war zone the way that everyone is talking and it is nowhere near that at all.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
118 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

The comments from Jamesd and Bobo are spot on. We are going out later this month and cannot wait. We've been to Albufeira lots of times and have never felt threatened. Just be sensible. If you wouldn't wander around a strange place at 3 o'clock in the morning in the UK then don't do it when you're on holiday abroad.

Runcorn, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

Welwyn, i arrived back from albufeira last night there really is nothing to be scared about, its a beautiful place and you will enjoy it, dont be put off by some of the scarey stories you are reading on this forum. I cant wait to go back there.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

We returned from Albufeira last Friday and loved the place. This was our first time in Portugal and certainly will not be the last. My husband and I agreed that its our best European holiday to date and allready looking at returning again in October. We saw no trouble whatsoever and got a very nice and relaxed vibe.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

Thank you so much everybody :)

I will try and relax and enjoy but still use common sense.

Your answers are all very calming Thanks Guys

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,548 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

Welwyntopdog,this is becoming the positive thread!! I would also like to say that its great place and never had any problems. Take all the above advise and enjoy it.

Lisboa
Level Contributor
371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

Don't be scared, honestly!!!Just pack and enjoy the Algarve and its gorgeous beaches!!!

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The area dont sound safe then ?

Your are right Liverpoolman, this is a far nicer and more positive thread than others currently in circulation and I think that this one is also more in touch with reality. I am not denying the recent crime but they were hopefully isolated incidences and the mayor has asked for a police crackdown.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira