We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

wigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

We have booked to go to this hotel for 10 days in July and paid extra for a sea view. It now seems that these rooms do not really exist and wonder if anybody has actually stayed in one.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

I don't understand, the hotel does face the sea and the ones on the upper floor should have sea views. Where did you hear this?

wigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

There are lots of people writing on the trip advisor website that they have booked through Thomsons and have now been advised that sea view rooms are not available. I have contact thomsons by e-mail but have had no reply.

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

We are going next week to the CS Sao Rafael Atlantic. Having seen the reviews about the 'no sea view' e-mails, i contacted thomson and they have assured me that because we have paid for a sea view thats what we will get!

England UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

The hotel does have some lovely sea views. The hotel is elevated above the cliffs and set a little back from the sea , It is surrounded by trees and gardens. So some rooms have full sea view, partial sea view, and garden views (some obscured views due to high density foilage and other buildings).

The problems arose when Thomson TIU entered into a contract with the hotel from the beginning of May. The number of available "real" sea view rooms for holidaymakers to book was confused. Thompson and CS Atlantic appear not to have undertaken a joint review of and agreement to the descriptors and numbers of rooms available within each of the categories. Hence Thompson sold rooms with sea views which in the event were perhaps not what we would describe as a sea view. A rapid reassessment of room types was undertaken and the problem should by now be rectified.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

I hope that prices have been adjusted accordingly for anyone who did book a sea view and doesn't get it.

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

Re my earlier post......

We paid for a sea view and got a sea view........ and what a sea view,absolutely glorious!

wigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

Thanks for the replies. Going on Thursday so waiting to see what happens, suppose it not worth worrying about now.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

Unless it's something pretty serious I refuse to get wound up on my holiday. Too short to have it ruined.

That said, make a note if you don't get what you paid for and without wasting too much time make your grievance official.

England UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

Enjoy your holiday and all that the Algarve has to offer That is what it is all about. The latest reviews for this hotel all suggest that it has ironed out most of the teething problems and is now operating to a very very good standard. It is a lovely hotel ,quiet and relaxing. I visited at the beginning of May and will return.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CS Soa Rafael Atlantic Hotel(sea View)

The area has some of the best beaches in the Algarve and there are great restaurants around but beware the restaurant at Sao Rafael beach, it is stupidly expensive.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira