We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferreiras near albufeira

dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
ferreiras near albufeira

I am staying in Ferreiras and was wondering is there anything there like restaraunts or pubs ? How far from montochero and how much is a cab to the strip. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Ferreiras
Ferreiras
Albufeira, Portugal
Jaipur
££ - £££, Indian, Asian, Balti
Spice Lounge
££ - £££, Indian, Balti
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,767 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferreiras near albufeira

There are three or four restaurants and bars at the centre of the village, by the roundabout with what looks like a railway track sculpture on it. It's been ages since I went into anywhere in Ferreiras except the football club bar, so I am sorry I cannot recommend.

Montechoro is a couple of miles, not too strenuous, if you fancy a walk. A taxi to the strip area will cost about €5-6 Euros if he goes the sensible way ie along the old N125 and through the Brejos area..

Mentioned in this post
Ferreiras
Ferreiras
Albufeira, Portugal
Hotel Montechoro
Hotel Montechoro
758 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
england,chesterfield
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferreiras near albufeira

Hi weve been to a restaurant turn right before ferreiras roundabout its opposite a handymans shop,We had some lovely steaks ,The meal was very nice,

We have tried some of the others round the corner too,But we have never had any bad food at any of them,

Salgados
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferreiras near albufeira

Restaurants in Ferreiras tend to cater for the local all year round residents rather than tourists, so there are some very good quality & value options.

I can recommend the restaurant that is 'attached' to the roadside wall of the football ground itself - sorry, its proper name escapes me, but everyone there will know which one you mean if you ask for directions. The place is a very typical Portuguese local restaurant, nothing special to look at from the outside at all, but just pass by there any working day at lunchtime and you will see from the car park (and sometimes also queues forming outside the front door) what good quality food and overall value for money it provides. NB it does not open in evenings at all out of season.

Mentioned in this post
Ferreiras
Ferreiras
Albufeira, Portugal
dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferreiras near albufeira

Thanks all for your help

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferreiras near albufeira

There is a fantastic restaurant in Ferreiras called A Nora. It is located next to the football stadium. It is open every day for lunch but only at night in summer. It has several meat dishes on the menu but is known for its fish which is exceptional. Cover (bread, olives, etc), main course, salad, potatoes and wine, water or whatever you drink is €7 - €9.

There is another restaurant in the same area, near the pharmacy (farmacia with a green cross) as you turn into the street towards the football stadium, called O Nuno. They do lunches from €4 and I believe that they are very good. We were half way there to try them today and had to make a diversion but will definitely give them a try.

Mentioned in this post
Ferreiras
Ferreiras
Albufeira, Portugal
A Nora
A Nora
60 Reviews
Portimao, Portugal
6. Re: ferreiras near albufeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira