We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macdonalds

eire
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Macdonalds

Is there a macdonalds or burgerking on the strip or around

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macdonalds

Not on the strip but there is McDonalds along the main dual carriageway road, Avenida dos Descobrimentos, about 15 minutes walk going west ie towards the old town.. It's open 11am to 4am this time of year.

There is big m sign on top of a 100 foot high pole so it cannot be missed!

There is KFC nearby. No Burger King in town.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macdonalds

You could always go to some of the wonderful Portugese restaurants like Festas and several others especially on holidays you can go to 50 mc in Dublin alone when you come back.

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Macdonalds

Wrappido, if you are a stressed parent on holidays with a very fussy child, sometimes you are glad to see a McDonalds!

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macdonalds

A really fussy child wouldn't eat in McDonalds

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macdonalds

Then I really think you should go to Festas they have a playground in front the family that run it a lovely and they do beautiful food even your child will eat the only thing she will get from a mac is hungry.

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macdonalds

Men can be so righteous when they are not the ones who have to deal with the day to day feeding of a child :-))!

My son eats hamburgers and fries. He does not have to eat Mcdees, but he wants it plain with ketchup and no sesame seeds on buns. Hamburger should be ground beef not steak and not be too thick, and white cheapy buns, none of those artisan bread please! We have wasted a lot of food just because something was off. After a few days of cuisine etrangere everyone is grateful to see now and then a familiar yellow arch! Hungry child gets fed and becomes less grouchy.

I am surprised to see who are the food nazis here. why can't you be like Cubsur who is helpful and nonjudgemental? :-))

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Macdonalds

here here.having eaten at festas,give me maccy ds any day!!!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Macdonalds

amatripp

I understand what you are saying. When it comes to eating I have an incredibly fussy granddaughter (she is getting better now) but I can relate to what you have said in your post!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Macdonalds

The tourist train that stops on the strip will take you directly opposite McD's & KFC...2 stops from the strip.

I have to say that even though I love to try the different cuisines when away, I do totally understand where you are coming from regards kids....burgers, chicken nuggets & chips seems to be the stable diet for them all..Lol

Hope you have a lovely time in Albufeira, we took our 2 nephews & neice there last year and they loved it, also its a great adventure for the kids getting on the tourist train and travelling to McD's.

God bless

Jay

Edited: 01 July 2011, 19:14
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Macdonalds

We are coming to Albufeira with my 4 yr old grandson that will eat practically nothing else other than ham sandwiches...will have to be well prepared.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira