We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O Jorge Restaurant

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
273 reviews
Save Topic
O Jorge Restaurant

Just a reminder that O Jorge will, as usual, be closing for the month of August. The take away will remain open until 14 August and both will reopen on 1 September. The restaurant is so popular with the locals, and is so busy all year round, that it is the only restaurant to close during the busiest month of the year.

Mentioned in this post
O Jorge
O Jorge
263 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
La Brezza
££ - £££, Italian, European, Portuguese
Jaipur
££ - £££, Indian, Asian, Balti
Mother India
££ - £££, Indian, Asian, Balti
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

Hi bld, thats good news for me, I thought it was completely closed. Where is it in relation to watches roundabout / modelo?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

Plymouth its over the top of Pingo Doce, walk up the steps on the front which are at the side of the entrance to the underground parking for Pingo Doce., past Xian chinese restaurant and its just around the corner. Or you can walk round the back of the millennium bank through the car park & its on your right.

Edited: 27 July 2011, 13:58
Mentioned in this post
Plymouth
Plymouth
Devon, UK
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

It's tucked into the corner right at the back. Great food and fantastic value for money.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,464 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

I still havent got round to trying this place. So many nice restaurants around to choose from.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

Great cheers guys, I'm quite sad when it comes to supermarkets abroad as I can spend hours in there looking at all the different things we don't have here. My girlfriend knows if I go missing in Tesco I'll always be in the world food aisle (aisle 24 lol).

Plan on first day is arrive at around 11:30 am, bags in room, walk along to Modelo to look around and to grab some Sagres, back to room to put them in the fridge and then off up to Pingo Doce to look around and get some takeaway from O Jorges. Haha sad eh!

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

Sounds like an excellent start to a holiday.

South West scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

Plymouth, miss out the Modelo bit for Sagres. Just get it at the Pingo Doce, I'm sure they sell cold beer there from the chill.

Lummie

Mentioned in this post
Plymouth
Plymouth
Devon, UK
Sagres
Sagres
Faro District, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

I am sure they do. I thought that Plymouth might be worried though that they would get warm whilst he waited for his chicken.

Mentioned in this post
Plymouth
Plymouth
Devon, UK
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

Is pingo doce same price for beer or cheaper/more expensive than modelo? I can only go by modelo website at the mo!

I'm sure I could get a case of beer in modelo then a couple cold ones to tide me over from pingo lol

Ormskirk
Level Contributor
80 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: O Jorge Restaurant

What is Modelo website address please? I have shopped there but did not know they had a website.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira