We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is Albufeira in october?

Belfast, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
How busy is Albufeira in october?

Thinking of going all inclusive to Albufeira in late October with my 24, 22, and 15 year old children. Will there be much going on at this time of the year? Will shops, resteraunts, etc. be open, and will there be many people about?

Many Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy is Albufeira in october?

October should still be lively, as the season does not finish until the end of that month. There was a time when Albufeira was an all year round resort, with a lot of the bars and restaurants staying open all year round, but the recession and climate change in recent years has led to a lot closing during the off season.

That said you still have a selection of bars and restaurants open all year round to cater for the large ex pat community, those who come on golfing breaks, long stay pensioners etc. Last November for example was quite lively, with very good weather.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,462 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy is Albufeira in october?

Yes, don't overlook the fact that 20,000 of us live in Albufeira all year so it never 'shuts down' but obviously many of the tourist bars close over the winter. The shops stay open, we do have to eat.

The last week of October is generally seen as the final week of the summer season as it is half term holidays for many UK schools.

Tell us where you will be staying and I am sure recommendations will come forth for bars you can visit and join us local miseries (plus any visitors from NI etc) for a pint or two.

PS All inclusive is not worth it. Why stay in the same place every night when there is so much else to see and do? They often stop serving all inclusive at 11pm so you end up paying anyway,

Edited: 01 August 2011, 20:25
merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy is Albufeira in october?

concur with cubsur re comments on A/I

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy is Albufeira in october?

Stayed on half board and all inclusive few times and I would be very hesitant to holiday that way again. We got same dried up food each day and after few days ended up eating and drinking out. Prices in Portuguese bars and restaurants are not bad especially off the main tourist drags. I only had one positive experience of half board and that was in middle east. Wouldn't bother with A/I in Europe

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy is Albufeira in october?

I agree not to go all inclusive as you will be losing out. Restaurants on and around The Strip and some in the Old Town can be very expensive but many others nearby and a few in the Old Town, serve great meals at very reasonable prices. Look for signs advertising Prato do Dia, the dish of the day, or Tourist Menu for the best deals. Also don't be put off by touts, often they are handing out flyers with discount vouchers.

6. Re: How busy is Albufeira in october?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira