We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balaia Golf Village - just back

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
642 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Balaia Golf Village - just back

Hi there

Just wanted to say thanks thanks to everyone who answered my questions and gave advice before we went. We had a great time and would certainly recommend this accom., although it is best to have a car it is not vital. Will do a full reveiw of the accom. for the main site.

If anyone has any questions about this place or the area by it I will do my best to help.

Dom Carlos and Jompra restaurants are both well worth going to and I will do reviews for them too, there are also some great restaurants overlooking the beach in the Old Town and the marina in Villamoura, did not eat in the strip.

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balaia Golf Village - just back

Glad you had a great holiday manxtravellor. Feedback and reviews are very helpful and much appreciated by future travellers. I don't think you missed anything by not eating at The Strip.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Balaia Golf Village - just back

Hi again, manxtravellor..we are off to Balaia in a few weeks time, did you find there were supermarkets nearby and also a choice of restaurants close by. We'll arrive Sunday teatime and will need to stock up on supplies and also find somewhere to have a nice meal.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
642 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balaia Golf Village - just back

Hi Flysun

We had a car so we went to the big Continente supermarket by Brisa Sol but I think there might be a decent size one if you turn and walk to the left when coming out the complex and walk for about 10 mins. I only went that way of an evening when driving to Vilamourra so not completely sure.

The supermarket on site is a decent size and sells all the essentials and I though it was quite good value as sometimes the on site places can be very expensive. It also had a deli in and you could by cooked lasagne, chicken, soup and a couple of other things at a good price too.

The closest restaurant I would say would be to turn left and walk about 5 mins to 3 Marias, there are some more a little further along this road.

If you turn right and walk for 15-20 mins you come to the main round before the strip, there are loads of restaurants on this road. (There is a brazilian rodizio style restaurant on this road that I would recommend if you are a big meat eater) and the strip is about another further 5 mins. (Its a fairly flat walk and is not as far as it sounds).

Its a lot easier getting taxis back then getting them out. The queue in the old town was the biggest I saw but that went down quickly.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Balaia Golf Village - just back

Thanks very much...we are not based at the golf complex but looking at google map...we are probably quite nearby, staying at Casa Jessy, so your directions are a good help for us. We were n't going to take a buggy for the 4 yr old as we will have one for the baby...but I think we'll need one...as he is quite small for his age and won't be able to walk that far.

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balaia Golf Village - just back

shame on you bld,not missing anything not eating on the strip?!!!some destination expert you are,many a great restaurant there not least martinique,hang your head in shame !!!

6. Re: Balaia Golf Village - just back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 14:17