We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'New' Faro Airport

West Yorks
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
'New' Faro Airport

Hi,

I understand that the airport works are now complete. Can anyone tell me if there is still a smoking area in the departures hall?

Thanks

Leigh,Lancs,England
Level Contributor
140 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

Yes, upstairs as before. The works aren't complete though taxi/transfer/car hire connections are in a large marquee outside the arrivals area.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,125 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

We read yesterday that the marquee at arrivals is being cleared away now and the storm damage repairs are complete.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

Many Thanks. Appreciated.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

I used Faro Airport on April 4th last, and it seemed to be in major construction mode. I cannot believe that by May 4th, all that upheavel is finished.

Mentioned in this post
Faro Airport
Faro Airport
Faro, Portugal
Dublin
Level Contributor
809 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

Faro airport has been in major construction mode since last Oct not to mind April 4th, however a lot of progress has been made and it looked to me, when I was out there last week, that all will be completed within a week or two

Mentioned in this post
Faro Airport
Faro Airport
Faro, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,125 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

The marquee is gone and the arrivals area is much the same as it was without the stair.Transfers desk is almost in front of you as you come out of arrivals. To the side of where the marquee was the transfer buses are and a large taxi rank.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

I arrived in Faro on April 26th and the marquee was still up but not used. I flew home yesterday and couldn't see it. I wouldn't say all works are sorted as the drop off area is still congested but getting better everyday!

The smoking area is still available

Mentioned in this post
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
West Yorks
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

Thanks Again All.

I don't smoke actually but my wife does and it would be two hours of misery for me is she had to go without one!

10. Re: 'New' Faro Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:42