We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

faro airport transfers

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
faro airport transfers

We (me, wife and 6yo,4yo and 1yo) need a transfer from faro airport to holiday village algarve (Balaia).

Can anyone give me a taxi cost for this? We will be arriving midmorning - so will there be plenty of taxis - and generally are they safe enough etc?

Will the taxis be able to accommodate all five of us with 4 cases and a buggy etc?

Can anyone recommend a private transfer company (we used one for disneyland paris on a recommendation and they were great) and give me an cost?

Ta in advance

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,059 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: faro airport transfers

Do not take a taxi - it is the most expensive option. You are far better off pre-booking a private transfer, which should be no more than 40 Euros for the lot of you together.

Look across to the right under 'Top Questions' click the item called 'Airport Transfer - best way? and there you will find recommendations from Trip Advisor members together with links to websites where you can get quotes and make bookings on line.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: faro airport transfers

We recently booked www.yellowfishtransfer.com

Excellent service and i would recommend them. Alternatively www.algarve365.com gets really good reviews as well.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: faro airport transfers

Brilliant! Thanks for the advice. Will look them up.

Cant wait for some sun and some heat- glasgow had its 4 days of summer in march!

4. Re: faro airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 15:05
Essex
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: faro airport transfers

Do not use Sun Transfers either! Absolutly RUBBISH!

failed to turn up to pick us up from Faro airport and when confirming twice for transport from our hotel back to the airport for our departure they were 20 minutes late and given us a taxi! Being a family of five a normal saloon car was unacceptable for all of us and our luggage to use it so another 10 minutes later another taxi was called, therefore finally taking us to the airport making us late and giving us a bad introduction and conclusion to our holiday!

Mentioned in this post
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: faro airport transfers

Can you tell me who you used in the end as we are due to go to Portgugal in October and are unsure who to use

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: faro airport transfers

Most recommended one on this forum is www.yellowfishtransfer.com

uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: faro airport transfers

I can highly recommend yellowfish as we always use them now. Plus if u book return u get a free bottle of wine which is a nice touch!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: faro airport transfers

Try- www.yellowfishtransfers.com

A new outfit, ultra professional, on time and super clean new vehicles and they only collect you so no waiting to fill a vehicle - airconditioned

I used the same guy for years but this crew are really on their game - €30 each way for up to 4 adults to Olhos De Agua and other places seem just as reasonable.

Pat Brennan

Mentioned in this post
Olhos de Agua
Olhos de Agua
Albufeira, Portugal
Herts
Level Contributor
2 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: faro airport transfers

We used Sun Transfers in February and they were very efficient, friendly and careful drivers who were on time in both directions. You must have been unlucky!

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira