We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville day trip / Supermarket

glasgow
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Topic
Seville day trip / Supermarket

Best options and value for day trip to Seville? Same again, options and value for large supermarket, staying at Casa Mitchell (Rua do Tenis)

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

i just got back on sat i did seville on a day trip last wednesday with paradise tours it was €39 on there website but i booked it 2 days before from a ticket shop in the old town got it for €19 saw the same tour in another shop for €16 so dont pre book anything in the uk book it when you get there, its a long day but worth €19

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

Supermarkets:

LIDL is about 1/2 mile from Casa Mitchell, big hill to walk in both directions.

Continente/Modelo about 3/4 mile, hills as well but do-able by bus or obviously by taxi.

There are some small and medium sized supermarkets down in the old town (5 minutes walk ) and there is a mini-market in the same street. These are obviously going to more expensive than the big stores but easier to get to.

Seville ideas above are worth noting as the seats on those excursions often go cheap if they haven't sold. Early start though, expect 8am or even earlier as it's a long way and the time difference (Spain is 1 hour ahead of Portugal) doesn't help.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

We paid €15 for Seville in November but thought it was an off season price, seems it isn't if the poster above managed to get it for €19 in June (and saw €16 also). Definitely shop around, I know there were people on our coach who had paid €29 for the same trip and this was through a ticket office in Albufeira (not through a Rep or online).

Pick up at Brisa Sol was 7am and we were dropped off just after 7pm. It is a long long day but worth it. I wasn't as blown away by Seville as I was expecting and I'm glad we only did the day trip rather than a city break but at that price, well worth a day out of a holiday to visit.

Dublin
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

Both Paradise Tours and Follow me Tours often offer half price times the day before if bookings are slow, particularly in the off season, but also sometimes in high season

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

Where are the Paradise Tours and Follow Me Tours offices? We will be staying in the old town? Would love to get some 1/2 price tour tickets.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

They don't have their own offices but there are numerous 'ticket shops' and agencies around the old town where you can find out what's on offer.

Beware 'special price' offers. If you don't know what the normal price is, what's special might not be quite so good, but if you can get a trip to Seville for €20 or less, that's a good price.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

Seville is fairly empty this time of the year. One of the reasons being that during the day temperatures rise to 40C/104F. Humidity levels above 80% makes it very uncomfortable. At night humidity drops and people start showing themselves again.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

Be very careful when booking with Paradise Tours (also trading as Ticket Shop). They ripped us off, took us up a mountain to their mates restaurant instead of taking us to the castle in Silves (as detailed on their brochure). They dropped us back to our hotel an hour early after having no more than 30 minutes at the Cathedral and then the top of Monchique. I complained but they just did not care. Be very specific regarding what you are signing up for (I did and still got ripped off). They are a disgrace and are letting their colleagues down. Book via your hotel if possible, at least they give a damn and will try to put right anything which you are unhappy about. May cost a few Euro more but worth it to get a good service. They spoiled our last day and I am leaving with a bitter taste.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

I was wrong earlier - Follow Me Tours has an office in the Estrada de Santa Eulalia, not far from the bullring. But their tours are sold in all the 'ticket shops'.

10. Re: Seville day trip / Supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira