We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about Albufeira

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
A few questions about Albufeira

Hi, Thinking about going to Albufeira this September. I just have a few questions if anyone could answer.

Is the weather good in Sept?

How is the nightlife then?

I haven't been to Portugal before and want to go somewhere with a nice beach, nightlife but also with Portugese culture. I don't want any place full of drunks and rough., just a good atmosphere. Is albufeira a good choice? Thanks

Edited: 18 June 2012, 17:05
england
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions about Albufeira

yes Albufeira a good choice, i,m going there myself beginning of sept, weather is lovely, old town is best for beaches and not rough drunk nightlife. Great bars and restaraunts, it sounds perfect for you.. If need any advice on where to stay let me know i,ve been loads of times at different times of year.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,530 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions about Albufeira

One thing you won't get a great deal of in Albufeira itself is Portuguese culture. But there are plenty of other places away from the coast where you can.

dazzler65 is right - mid/late September is a good time as the kids/students are back at school, there's still plenty of people about and a lot going on but without the seething crowds. The weather is still usually in the high 20's C and it won't rain (or at least it usually doesn't) until the very end of the month.

And we aren't rough here. Really.

Tavira, Portugal
Level Contributor
455 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions about Albufeira

If you want culture you won't find it in Albufeira. I would consider Lagos as well.

B

www.movingtoportugal.org

4. Re: A few questions about Albufeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:16