We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condominio Encosta da Orada

Bodegraven, The...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Condominio Encosta da Orada

Hi,

Where staying at the Condominio Encosta da Orada with two families with 4 children. Age averages between 3 and 10. I was wondering how far it is from the Old Town by foot.

Thanks,

Trieneke

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,525 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condominio Encosta da Orada

About 10 - 12 minutes, all downhill on the way there but uphill all the way back so a bit longer. It's about 2 minutes walk from the 'Dolphins' roundabout where the local buses stop, but for three or more adults a taxi is cheaper to get you back up the hill than paying cash fare of €1,40 on the bus.

Bodegraven, The...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Condominio Encosta da Orada

Thanks door your reply.

How much would the taxi be? And do you know with supermarket is closest?

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condominio Encosta da Orada

Coming out of the back gate, opposite Albufeira Jardim, which is actually the main gate, I would say 5 - 8 minutes walk. The bus stop is however at the front gate near the Dolphin Roundabout. There are a couple of mini-markets near the bottom of Albufeira Jardim, about 5 minutes walk away but the main nearest supermarket is Ali Super, about 10 minutes walk. Out the back gate, turn right and follow the road as it meanders round the corner past the school, turn left at the T-Juncton and you will find the supermarket at the bottom of the road on the right, opposite the cemetary.

Possibly a quicker way is to turn right as you come out the main gate, turn right again, as if heading downhill towards the Marina and immediately left into Rua do Moinho. Walk to the end of the cul-de-sac where you will see a building with a black cap (moinho - windmill) and take the steps down on your right. At the bottom, you will find another flight of steps and keep doing down, follow the road left and you will find Ali Super nearby.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,525 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condominio Encosta da Orada

I wasn't sure about the back gate at Encosta da Orada, so that helps me for future reference. But as it is at the top of a hill, walking back from any of the three nearby shops except the one in Páteo involves a bit of a climb with the Ali Super being the furthest. For Páteo the climb is on the way there, but not all that hard.

A taxi to LIDL etc will cost about 5 Euros. Coming back it will be a bit more as they charge you extra for carrying bags. I am so mean I walk to Continente, which takes about 25 minutes (I do need the exercise) and take the bus back which costs me only 80 cents using my pre-pay discount pass.

5. Re: Condominio Encosta da Orada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 21:16