We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museu dos Salgados restaurant

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
976 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Museu dos Salgados restaurant

Can anyone give me any idea of prices at this restaurant. I looked on website and it looks fab but there was no mention of price so wonder if the prices were sky high.

Jaipur
££ - £££, Indian, Asian, Balti
Stews & More
££ - £££, European, Portuguese
South West scotland
Level Contributor
345 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museu dos Salgados restaurant

We haven't been there for nearly 6 years now so a bit out of date. I dont remember it being overly expensive, maybe just slightly above average. Things may have changed mind you since then? It's a nice place to eat, food is good as is service and nice decor.

Lummie

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
8,082 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museu dos Salgados restaurant

Is there not any indication of prices on T/A reviews?

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
976 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museu dos Salgados restaurant

No none of the reviews mentioned the price Jayjan or none that I could see in the restaurant reviews. Wish the restaurants would show sample menus to give you an idea of prices. Our fav restaurant is O Marinheiro so was hoping it was that kind of price rather than Dom Carlos prices. Thanks Lummie for your input. Hope it's still just a little bit more expensive and not blow the budget as it looks super.

Mentioned in this post
Restaurante Dom Carlos
Restaurante Dom Carlos
1,031 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museu dos Salgados restaurant

Gee Lummie, I haven't been there for about 6 years either, certainly not since Sergio left there to open Jompra. I like O Marinheiro too. I didn't really like Museu as I found it a little OTT and pretentious but each to their own. I think the prices would be a little higher than these restaurants, so yes babymac, probably between between the two.

Mentioned in this post
Restaurante Jompra
Restaurante Jompra
593 Reviews
Sesmarias, Portugal
Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
976 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museu dos Salgados restaurant

Thanks BLD. If anyone has been to this restaurant I've love to hear what they think too

UK
Level Contributor
877 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Museu dos Salgados restaurant

Ate hear a couple of times last October as it was the nearest restaurant to the villa we were staying in, and an easy walk.

Nice food. Price wise it seemed mid range, we seemed to pay 40 to 50 euros for a meal for two. We don't drink much so that would have to be factored in. It has a nice atmosphere, but we ate inside the restaurant building and not the outside terrace. As the restaurant is right on a main road we felt being outside might be a bit noisy.

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
976 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Museu dos Salgados restaurant

Thanks Sunbear. That is really helpful esp the info about the price. We have passed it before but never tried it so think we'll definitely give it a try this year.

8. Re: Museu dos Salgados restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira